The end is in sight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end is in sight!

Hi, I haven't been on here in a while and just thought I'd stop in to say hello. I've been working 12-14 hour days for months and just not paying attention to much other than work. Imagine my surprise when I realized I was <1 year from the end of my 60-month Chapter 13. Yahoo! I'll end it with close to $20K in the bank (not exactly savings, as my kid is in college now) and $0 in debt.

I could not be happier with the decision to file. Thanks for being here for support. I plan to stick around after my discharge to pay it forward and also to remind myself where I've been, so I make good choices, lol.

That is exciting news… Congratulations for being so close to the end. Can hardly wait to watch your countdown. I’m glad everything is going so well for you, and hope that you’re slow down maybe just a little in time to celebrate your success at the end of the year.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congratulations newlife13, it feels good to be getting near the end!
      Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by newlife13 View Post
        I'll end it with close to $20K in the bank (not exactly savings, as my kid is in college now) and $0 in debt.
        Big congrats! I'm especially impressed with your ability to keep $20k in after-tax money in the bank. I'd be interested in knowing what helped you to accumulate such a large surplus. Are you in a 100% plan?

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post

Big congrats! I'm especially impressed with your ability to keep $20k in after-tax money in the bank. I'd be interested in knowing what helped you to accumulate such a large surplus. Are you in a 100% plan?
          No, I'm not in 100% plan. My payment is quite low, as I live in a high COL area and I'm a single parent.

COVID was very good to me. I had no transportation, parking expenses and very little gas. I ate all my meals at home. I got a decent bonus this year, saved the stimulus payments and got a raise. Other than a few haircuts, I've spent money on almost nothing other than rent, food, utilities, insurance and tuition or my kid.

I know I've had it easier than most and am very grateful.

Comment

I agree COVID's been really good with the work from home knocking down the auto and food expenses. Before the pandemic, saving up for a used truck 100% cash, fixing the house, or whatever seemed ridiculously hard with only a little wiggle room in the budget even with my highly engineered ch13 budget. Now it's within reach even with little or no stimulus (we got shut out for the 3rd stimulus and partially phased out for the others). With your inspirational numbers, I think I might have to aim much higher on the savings account with $50k+ saved during the plan (my first 1.5 years was pre-covid).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X