Forgot to list something - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to list something - please help

I have my case number (Chapter 7), but I think I need to add something. I cleaned out my state (FRS) pension account to the tune of about $1200.00 (this was NOT an annuity - that was ALL the money in the account). I took it out and the account was closed. However, this was 11 months prior to filing so I should have listed it.

What do I do? Do I need to resubmit it as property on schedule a/b even though I used it for rent 11 months ago?

I don't think it is exempt any longer since it was a total withdrawal, right?

Please help, can't afford an attorney...

It was a genuine mistake, but trustee might not view it as such!

I don't know anything about accounting for money removed from an account 11 months prior to filing. Unless you still have that money sitting somewhere, there's nowhere on Schedule B to list it since it doesn't exist.

With that, I'm confused as to the issue?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

There is a section for listing recently closed bank accounts. But honestly, I'd forget about it. I closed an account 10 months before filing, listed it, and I'm sure I spent every last dime because I was broke pre-petition. Nobody asked me for account statements on the closed account. I think you're worrying too much about money that is long gone and spent on legitimate expenses.

Comment

Oh, on the Statement of Financial Affairs (SoFA). That is more like a listing of things. A person would just list the closed account and balance at closing. I consider this much different than what's on Schedule A/B and Schedule C because the account is closed.

Ekop785 you would need to follow the local rules for amending a form. I don't know if the SOFA must be served on every creditor or only on the Trustee (and possibly the United States Trustee as well).
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Exactly, yes, the Statement of Financial Affairs will show it as a closed account (since it was closed out within a year of filing my BK, it has to be listed). So I thought maybe I should have also listed the money on A/B (even though it is long gone).

It sounds like I am just overthinking things again. So I think I will just leave it as is (shown only on Statement of Fin Affairs).

Comment

I feel better after reading these posts.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X