Finally - Discharge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally - Discharge!

I finally got my discharge today - it appears on PACER!

There is a story behind this, so for those of you who haven't read all my posts, I'll start from the beginning.

I initially filed Ch. 13 on June 30, 2006. The plan provided for paying the filing fee, my attorney, and my car. I had second thoughts about it and decided that I should have filed Ch. 7 in the first place, so I converted on August 30, after paying my attorney and one Ch. 13 plan payment. The plan payment was more than enough to cover the filing fee. The deadline for objections to discharge in the case was on December 4, 2006.

I hadn't seen discharge for quite a while, so I started looking into why I hadn't yet gotten it. I called the court to find out. It turns out that the court incorrectly thought that the Ch. 13 trustee and I didn't pay the filing fee, and the court correctly noted that the Ch. 13 trustee didn't file an order on his final report. After several unsuccessful attempts to find out why the court thought this, I emailed the Chapter 13 trustee's office over the weekend and let them know what was going on. They replied back, telling me that they had paid the court and would show the court the canceled check if necessary. They also filed the order on the final report in the case (called a "final decree" on PACER). Subsequent to that, I got my discharge, and the case was closed! The issue was taken care of today!
    DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. My posts are not legal advice. They are for information only. Please feel free to use them in an academic sense, as I simply wish to share with you what I have learned/researched.

Originally posted by bige1030 View Post
    I finally got my discharge today - it appears on PACER!
    Excellent news, bige! So glad to hear your persistence paid off - enjoy your fresh new financial start!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

That is great! Congrats on your fresh start!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X