top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's finally FILED! What does the flag mean???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's finally FILED! What does the flag mean???

I feel somewhat relieved that our attorney has filed our papers, and am glad to see it on PACER. But, this is what it shows:

Pending Status: Awaiting 341 Meeting
    Flags: DebtEd

What does that mean??? We also show 2 trustees. Is that typical? One looks like he has a "Dept. of Justice" email address. I'm a bit nervous to say the least!!! Help!!!

Thanks!
    3/27/07: Chapter 7 Filed - Pre-filing true FICO (hers/his) 450/477
    5/10/07: 341 Meeting DONE! Trustee's Report of No Distribution Filed
    7/04/07: FICOs going up! Credit report cleanup (hers/his) 540/536
    7/10/07: DISCHARGED! 8/27/07: CLOSED!

I dont know for sure but the flag might have something to to with the debtor education classes that have to be taken.

Comment

We've taken the pre-b/k counseling... our attorney told us we needed to wait until we've filed to do the post-b/k filing...

Comment

that flag may not be a problem ..just a notation that it had not been done yet.

Comment

That'd be my guess, just a flag to note that the Debt Education class hasn't been completed and needs to be done before dishcarge.
          Petition Filed 6/4/07 :clapping:
          341 meeting 7/31/07 :clapping: :unsure:
          First Meeting Held and Trustee's Report of No Distribution 8/2 :yahoo::yahoo:
          10/15/2007 - DISCHARGED!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I was told that the "DebtEd" IS related to the second credit counseling class. However, my attorney said that even though I completed it WEEKS ago it wouldn't be filed with the court until AFTER my 341 hearing.

Hopefully that is the right information. (Had a tense exchange with my attorney and feeling less and less confident about him so others with better knowlege here would have to confirm!)

Comment

Thanks for your replies! That DebtEd flag makes sense.

But does everyone show two Trustees??? I am nervous about the one with the Dept. of Justice email address!

Comment

My case never showed two trustees - just one. I wonder if you're being looked at by a U.S. Trustee (which would explain the usdoj.gov email domain).
                DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. My posts are not legal advice. They are for information only. Please feel free to use them in an academic sense, as I simply wish to share with you what I have learned/researched.

Comment

Yikes!!! Why would they want to look at me???????????

Comment

To specify, the only place I saw two Trustees is the "Case Summary" page on PACER. The Notice of Filing and Notice of Chapter 7 Case Meeting of Creditors, and Deadlines do not show the Dept. of Justice Trustee. The Case Summary shows similar to this...

Trustee: John M. Doe: Oklahoma Phone: (405) 555-5555 Email [email protected]

Trustee: Jane F. Doe: Oklahoma Phone: (405) 555-5555 Email: [email protected]

The other pages only show the second Trustee. What should I make of this???????????

Please help, I'm tripping out here!

Comment

Oh...I thought every paper of yours had two trustees. I didn't even think that the case summary on PACER could have two trustees while everything else had one trustee. So maybe it's just a normal part of PACER to show two trustees. I went back and pulled up my case, and there are two trustees. But the first trustee isn't specific at all - it's pretty generic. Here's exactly what it says on my case on the first trustee's info:

Trustee: U.S. Trustee City: Wichita Phone: (316) 269-6637 Email: [email protected]
                      DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. My posts are not legal advice. They are for information only. Please feel free to use them in an academic sense, as I simply wish to share with you what I have learned/researched.

Comment

PACER lists both the US Trustee of your district, AND the trustee assigned to adminstrate your case. It lists the contact for both.

The one with USDOJ.gov email addy, is the US Trustee of your district. That is the one, to whom, the trustee of your BK, reports to. The second one listed, is the private trustee assigned to work on your BK case.

Comment

Phew! Thank goodness! I am so glad to know it is a normal thing! I will stop freaking now! Thanks so much for your responses!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X