$585 Car Payment.....Can I keep my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKTango View Post
    I apologize in advance lol .... but that gave me a good laugh. It's nice to see you haven't let a little old thing like filing bankruptcy stand in the way of you lining up with the Jones' at the next red light....I'll be on the other side of you, in my 10 yr old car, waving like a lunatic, shouting...."Yeah, it isn't the prettiest, but it's paid for and gets me where going!"

You don't know what my income is.....I started a new job and if that falls apart I have not reaffirmed my car so it could go bye bye.
    Last edited by Logan; 08-09-2007, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
      after my BK I made a committment to myself to finally BUY my vehicles and keep them for a while instead of leasing. ... When there are paid off they are ours!
      No better feeling in the world than paying off a car and driving it for several more years without payments! Good for you, Cindy! Woo hoo!!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement! It feels good to be working towards that goal!!
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by MI_Debtor View Post
          Are there any more filers who were able to keep a vehicle with a high car payment?

I have an appointment with my attorney today and he keeps telling me that the trustee probably won't let me keep my car. How do they expect me to get another car when I don't have saavings and my credit is shot?
          MI-Debtor,

I am also filing in the Eastern district. Please let us know your outcome. I am sure we are going to see several people in Filing in Michigan with our high unemployment rate.

Comment

Would anyone want to keep such a high car payment. Ideally, a car payment should be no more than 10% of your monthly income. If that..
            My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
            posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

I love me some zombie threads.
              Filed: 7/31/08
              341: 9/19/08
              Report of no distribution 10/23/08
              DISCHARGED: 11/19/08 (Day 60)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X