No announcement yet.

61 Days and No Discharge...Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for all that information thanks too all......

Comment

Thank you for the information...but I'm dense and I just don't understand it. One of the "myths about bankruptcy" says no, you don't have to get rid of everything, but it certainly sounds like you do!!!

Comment

Thank you for the information...but I'm dense and I just don't understand it. One of the "myths about bankruptcy" says no, you don't have to get rid of everything, but it certainly sounds like you do!!!................thanks

Comment

91 days in middle district FL for Discharge. No objections. I guess we are just backed up here.

Comment

Audits and Discharge

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a discharge after an audit? Does the 60 day rule apply? It has been 90 days after the audit so far and I am in the Northern Georgia district. Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by flnybk View Post
              91 days in middle district FL for Discharge. No objections. I guess we are just backed up here.
              Call the clerk of courts and tell them you would like to get a update on the status of your case, they will ask you for your BK # and transfer you to a case manager who can look up your info and could possibly discharge and close your case while you are on the phone.

Comment

filed 4-17-09, 341 on 5-12-09, Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 5-26-09. no objections, currently waiting discharge, now over 125 days.

Comment

Just checked my district as recommended and went back 4 months to see how long it is taking the Western District of Michigan. A little over 3 months. But, I then checked one month before mine and it was taking 4 months. Plus on all of the cases they closed the next 2-4 weeks later. So I have time to WAIT again......Geezzzzz. Was hoping to see discharged posted for my Christmas present. I know if I start pouting Santa might not give me a thing..........lololo.
                  (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                  :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

In Philadelphia it took 94 days to get my discharge

Comment

any idea how long it has been taking in New jersey??

Comment

Im not sure but it use to be 60 days from what the lawyer told now but now it can be more than 60 in my case it was 94 so i'm guessing 90 ish days

Comment

Originally posted by nulifeahead View Post
                          any idea how long it has been taking in New jersey??
                          im still waiting for mine too, supposed to be 60 days dec 23 2009

Comment

My last day was 12/14 with no issues at all. The 341 did not show HELD on 10/23 until this month on Jan. 9th even. My mind went crazy watching other cases get discharged right along with the HELD w/no dist. report from trustee posted on pacer.

I just found out that our case got lost in the trustee's shuffle, and it was lagging out there. The trustee posted the 341 HELD report of no. dist. to update case! Now I am waiting to see the discharge on pacer.............
                            (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                            :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

so do they tell you if it is going to get discharge or when? my 341 was jan 28th in az. The trustee wanted me to filled add my wifes income and bank account information on the bankruptcy. for my chapter 7 even though she is not on it. does that mean he will fight my chapter 7 i'm filling?

Comment

Originally posted by dustjim View Post
                                so do they tell you if it is going to get discharge or when? my 341 was jan 28th in az.
                                The assumption is that you'll be discharged about 60 days after your 341. However, you will not be notified of the discharge date ahead of time.

The trustee wanted me to filled add my wifes income and bank account information on the bankruptcy. for my chapter 7 even though she is not on it. does that mean he will fight my chapter 7 i'm filling?
                                I'm assuming you intend to file or have filed your Ch 7 without a lawyer. Your trustee is trying to help you because even when you file alone, the income of those you are living with is also included in your income calculations on the Means Test. However, all spousal, room mate, etc. income that is not going towards supporting the household is subtracted out later. Also the trustee wants to see your wife's accounts because your trustee wants to ensure you haven't transferred money or assets to her trying to hide them before you file.
                                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X