Online Access to Car Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Access to Car Loan

I recently filed for Ch 7 and am keeping my car. Whether or not I reaffirm I haven't decided yet. My question is I opened a bank account at Wachovia, since my car loan is through Wachovia Dealer Services, and had access to the car loan through my normal online access until a few days ago. Now, it's giving me some error code 800-4. So, I called Wachovia Online Help and they don't see a problem. I'm wondering if WDS shut down my online access to the account since I filed. Has anyone else had this happen to them or dealt with Wachovia Dealer Services while in bankruptcy?
    Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Those Wachovia CSRs were probably over in India or Pakistan, and didn't understand what you were asking - if, as you say, "they didn't see a problem". As far as the "zest" of your question is concerned - don't worry about it. Send off your payments way before the due date, and then carefully watch your own bank account's activity of when the checks clear.

Comment

Actually, she was American (for a change). I would just transfer money from my checking to the loan to pay it, so it would be instantaneous. That is, if I'm still allowed to do that, I guess I'll find out since my payment is due in a few days.
      Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Comment

Are your checking/savings accounts also with Wachovia? Do you still have online access to your checking/savings accounts?

Comment

My checking account is with Wachovia. I had a checking/savings with Bank of America, but also had two cc with them so I moved my account over to Wachovia since I'm keeping the car and it'd be easier to deal with than possibly having my accounts drained by BOA for the credit cards. I still have access to my checking account though, and from what the guy said when I opened the account, the WDS is separate from Wachovia Bank since the loan was done through the dealer.

Comment

Well....I found out what the deal is. Since I filed, I can't access that account online anymore and to make payments I have to do it at the bank. They said I probably wouldn't be able to make a payment by transferring money from the checking to the loan account....and she was SUPER nice to me. I'm shocked!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X