Discharged and Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged and Closed

Heh, I passed the 60 days and kept forgetting to look after the case manager told me discharge would be within two weeks, but I just checked PACER today and it was closed and discharged on the same day last week. Didn't even know it.

I could not have done it without this board. Everyone has been so kind and generous with their support and knowledge here that I don't even know what to say.

You all gave meaning to something in my life that I have always felt was intrinsically senseless suffering, and you did it just by being here, helping and being helped, sharing your own journeys and frustrations and fears and hopes and victories and blessings with me and others like me. That is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received. Thank you all so much.

And an extra special thanks to those fellow pro se'ers that had the stones to file for themselves without an atty, who navigated the process with courage and integrity and freely showed the way, offering your priceless advice, support and examples. You enabled a very terrified little lady (myself ) to have the courage to do it too. I will forever be grateful: an atty was never an option ($$$) and so I literally had no other choice than to go it alone. But you made it possible, even rewarding. God bless you!!!

Thanks to all of you! You have blessed me so much. I hope your own bks are every bit as smooth, and I wish you peace and prosperity and successful bk's.

Damn, got a tear in my eye. Much love,

Daisy
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Aww, I even got teary-eyed after reading your post.

Congratulations!! Good things happen to good people.

You are right, this forum is geat! But don't forget, you are one of the reasons that it is great.

Good luck with your brand new future. Wishing you all of the best.....
    sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Daisy, I have always enjoyed reading your posts -- so don't abandon us now that you are discharged. Remember, I am still dealing with the UST Presumed Abuse issue

But....C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !

Take care,
      getouttadebt
      FILED: 6/5/08
      DISCHARGED: 9/15/08
      CLOSED: 9/19/08
      6 Months Post BK Experian Score: 690

Comment

No, I'm not going anywhere... it does sound like it though, doesn't it? In a sense it IS a goodbye post: goodbye to debt and collector calls!

Thank you both for your compliments. I'm actually blushing...
        Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

I also got all choked up! That is just sssoooooo cccooooolllllllll!!!!! You go, girl!!! I am trusting that you will hang around a good long while to advise, counsel, and comfort those that follow. And I know you can't leave until I get my discharge. I mean, who could possibly leave without knowing the end to THIS story?

Good luck in ALL that you pursue! You are a "go getter" and you will be successful in whatever your future pursuits may hold. But for right now, take some time for Daisy - just to bask in this victory for a little while. You deserve it!

Congratulations and good luck in your debt free future!

Comment

So happy for you!
            11/14/07 -filed C7 12/04/07 -case pulled for random audit.12/18/07 -341 held: Asset case due to engagement ring & tax return.02/19/08 - US trustee files motion to extend. 04/02/08- changed back to NO ASSET! I get my ring back and get to keep my tax return! :clapping: 04/28/08 -DISCHARGED!!! :yahoo::yahoo: 05/07/08 - CLOSED!!!

Comment

Congratulations! Please keep checking back in to offer advice. This is a very unique and supportive board. I have never had experience with a board that was so well run, non judgemental and helpful.

As a fellow pro se'er, I know the feeling of relief and amazement that you actually did it yourself!

Comment

That is AWESOME news!!!
                VERY happy for you! You have indeed been the backbone to many in here and have offered me insight during my process.

I have one month to go for my Last Day for Objections so you best be around when it happens. Being the pessimistic optimist I assume it might take longer but who knows..

CONGRATS and now its YOUR TURN to pop open that bubbly and have the cigarette you probably had stashed away for this occasion
                Filed: 01/23/08
                341 Meeting: 02/29/08
                Discharged: 04/30/08
                Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

CONGRATS!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you. Its like we growing up, graduating or something!! all discharged and all. You know we walked this road together.. YOUR FREE!!!! PRO SE BABY!!!
                  Last edited by aachudneymiles; 03-26-2008, 04:06 PM.
                  *Filed Chp 7 bk 11/13/07 PRO SE :yahoo::yahoo:[x]
                  *Last day to Objection 02/19/2008 :yahoo: [x]
                  *DISCHARGED 2/25/08!!:cry::yahoo: CLOSED 2/29/08
                  TransUnion 538 Experian 519 Equifax 531

Comment

congrats DAisy

Good for you I have a question you Mentioned a case manager where did you get that . Does everyone have one. I am waiting & waiting for discharge but NOTHING has happened no money has been paid out nothing has happened since we made our final payment back in mid December.We've called trustee office we've emailed. We did get a response they would forward our questions to claims & audit dept. We were wondering if there was like a complaint dept or a case manager would be great.We are in Pgh pa My husband keeps saying each trustee is different
                    You must be so proud of yourself . It is a real sign of courage to stick to your guns & get thru this. God Bless

Comment

Daisy, Congrats, many many congrats. You did it! Happy Fresh-like daisy-Start!
                      enjoy it. Don't forget us here. I am being selfish here, but I dont think I am alone here, so, DONT GO AWAY, stay close, you are one of the best.. you and pakettle should become a mod and stay on for ever! when you answer my questions, it shows how caring you are. I am happy for you.
                      I am NOT an attorney, anything I say here is not a legal advice.

Comment

Congrats, fellow pro-se'er! I'm really happy for you...here's to your new beginning
                        Filed CH7 - 10/13/05;
                        341 Meetings: 11/28/05, 3/20/06, 12/4/07 (3d time's a charm!)
                        Converted: 2/15/06 (to CH13), 10/15/07 (Back to CH7)
                        DISCHARGED: 2/15/08

Comment

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!go do that Happy Dance Minnymouth loves!!!!!!
                          Filed Ch 7 2/21/08
                          Discharged 6/5/08!!!!

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."~ Roger Caras

Comment

Oh wow y'all. I am quite overwhelmed!!!

Y'all rock so hard.

And no, I'm not going anywhere. I have to know how all these stories end!!!! At some point I'll be well enough to get a job, and we'll see how that changes my schedule, but for now I'm all yours. I'm just grateful there are so many people who have my back, and correct me when I get it wrong!!! That means you get the very best I have even when I don't have it!

Still got a little sniffly when y'all said all those nice things... thank you again. That means a lot to me and I'm not just saying that...

Edit: Oh my gosh! This was my One Thousandth Post, too! Where's my free toaster?
                            Last edited by FreshLikeADaisy; 03-26-2008, 09:41 PM. Reason: this is my ONE THOUSANDTH POST! woo hoo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pedsrn85 View Post
                              Good for you I have a question you Mentioned a case manager where did you get that . Does everyone have one. I am waiting & waiting for discharge but NOTHING has happened no money has been paid out nothing has happened since we made our final payment back in mid December.We've called trustee office we've emailed. We did get a response they would forward our questions to claims & audit dept. We were wondering if there was like a complaint dept or a case manager would be great.We are in Pgh pa My husband keeps saying each trustee is different
                              You must be so proud of yourself . It is a real sign of courage to stick to your guns & get thru this. God Bless
                              Hrm, that's an interesting set of questions. Specifically, a case manager is a person who works for the Bankruptcy Clerk at the courthouse, and who is assigned cases (usually by case number) to oversee, answer questions from filers and attorneys about the mechanics of filing, and initiate any changes (such as correcting a misfiled doc, for example) if need be. So yeah, everyone does have a case manager, but it's more correct to say that every CASE has a manager; you yourself may never end up speaking to him. But if you need to, go to your local bankruptcy court website and look at contact info -- that should tell you who they are and what cases they each have.

Are you saying that you filed Ch7 already, and a case number and trustee have already been assigned? If so, you should really look at signing up for PACER (online access to bankruptcy filings) so you can track your own case, and also spend some time learning to basics of the process while you wait for the wheels of justice to grind. The book linked in my sig is excellent; I have heard others say the "Dummies" book on Chapter 7 is excellent too. But either way, if you get acquainted with the process, you'll now exactly what to expect, from whom, and when. This alone will make your bk life easier. Good luck!!!
                              Last edited by FreshLikeADaisy; 03-26-2008, 09:37 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X