Documents our Trustee wants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documents our Trustee wants

We received the notice to turn over our 2006 and 2007 tax returns, which I'd already printed, at least a week in advance of the 341 meeting. There wasn't any information about what else the trustee might want, so I got brave and emailed his office. I actually "e-spoke" with the trustee himself. He just wants us to bring any paystubs from right before the filing through the 341, along with bank statements from our bank and hubby's 401k that show the balance on the day of filing. All of these things will be easy to provide. Yay. He was abrupt with his email, but not rude or condescending. I hope it goes as well in our meeting (9/25). I'm so relieved that I don't have to scrape up six months (or more) of bank statements and credit card statements--not that we've used a credit card for at least five months.
    Last edited by tunskit; 08-26-2008, 09:50 PM. Reason: clarification
    Filed No Asset Ch. 7, pro se, 08/18/2008
    341 meeting is 09/25/2008
    Last day for objections is 11/24/2008
    Discharged: 11/28/2008

Hmm, I know you are pro se, and I am glad you got the peace of mind you needed by asking the trustee, but I have to question whether or not that was a good idea.

Perhaps the more experienced among us can answer whether it is actually wise to query the trustee on any additional documents he/she may want when filing pro-se. Wouldn't one have already been notified of everything required and couldn't this open up a can of worms probably best left buried in some cases?

Only asking for my own curiosity. I admire you for filing pro-se..you are a braver soul than I, that's for sure.

Good luck to you.

ep
    California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany View Post
      Hmm, I know you are pro se, and I am glad you got the peace of mind you needed by asking the trustee, but I have to question whether or not that was a good idea.

Perhaps the more experienced among us can answer whether it is actually wise to query the trustee on any additional documents he/she may want when filing pro-se. Wouldn't one have already been notified of everything required and couldn't this open up a can of worms probably best left buried in some cases?

Only asking for my own curiosity. I admire you for filing pro-se..you are a braver soul than I, that's for sure.

Good luck to you.

ep
      My thinking is that he will ask for whatever documents he's going to request, whether or not I ask what he wants. This way, I would have had more time to find all the statements, if they were requested. I still haven't gotten the letter from his office requesting these items, though I know that could arrive even just a few days before the 341, from what I've read on this site. I did NOT want that to happen to me.
      Filed No Asset Ch. 7, pro se, 08/18/2008
      341 meeting is 09/25/2008
      Last day for objections is 11/24/2008
      Discharged: 11/28/2008

Comment

I did NOT want that to happen to me.
        Oh I get it. And I didn't realize that your 341 was that far away.

Still curious though...just thinking strategy. Thinking maybe best to have everything prepared and ready to go but not offering it up?

I am just thinking out loud and wondering, not saying you did anything wrong, or necessarily anything that I wouldn't have done if I'd had the guts to file pro se. I don't pretend to know what it's like to walk in your shoes.

ep
        California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Every Trustee in the english speaking world requires at least, the most current tax return and the last 60 days pay stubs(or 6 month P&L if self-employed). That is the minimum, any extra stuff is their personal picadillo. Not providing it before, would have just required her to send it after the 341.

Good Luck
          Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

epi - I thought the same thing, so you aren't alone.

My attorney told me to bring my last financial cert, and they would bring all the other paperwork I've given them.

Comment

No historical bank statements required??

Is this common?

Comment

The information I gave my attorney before filing were: 4 yrs taxes, 1 year bank statements, 6 months pay stubs, 401k info and a few other things I can't remember.

Originally posted by Tom_Mi View Post
                No historical bank statements required??

Is this common?

Comment

I was told to bring balances of Filing date and no statements for after. So far...
                  Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                  341 Oct 8 2008
                  Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

My 341 is tomorrow and he did not ask for any 60 day paystub. We are not self-employed and we do live in the ENGLISH speaking world.

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany View Post

In my case, the trustee's letter contains incorrect info ("oh, yes," said the assistant. "we need to fix those letters."), so I am glad I called to double check the info requested in the letter. So if I had just brought the documents to the 341, I would have probably had a continuance--instead, I emailed the docs to him.

Comment

And the reason that the bolded area matters is what?

Originally posted by cool33097 View Post
                        My 341 is tomorrow and he did not ask for any 60 day paystub. We are not self-employed and we do live in the ENGLISH speaking world.

Comment

Originally posted by cool33097 View Post

Your attorney scanned and emailed them for you at the time of filing, unless you are pro se. If you are talk to me after your 341.

Good Luck
                          Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                            And the reason that the bolded area matters is what?
                            I believe that was in response to this post by BKPar :
                            Every Trustee in the english speaking world requires at least, the most current tax return and the last 60 days pay stubs(or 6 month P&L if self-employed). That is the minimum, any extra stuff is their personal picadillo. Not providing it before, would have just required her to send it after the 341.
                            Last edited by arkienurse; 08-27-2008, 05:03 PM.
                            Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
                            Plan approved- 7/11/05
                            Date discharged--10-12-2007
                            Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I really need to stop responding while I am working on course work. LOL

I apologise cool33097.

Originally posted by arkienurse View Post
                              I believe that was in response to this post by BKPar :

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X