wage garnishment . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wage garnishment . . .

What paperwork do I need to give my employer to stop the wage garnishment I currently have after I file next week? Our comptroller said that she can't stop the garnishment unless she gets something in writing.

Thanks!
    Filed 10.23.08 - Chapter 7 Pro Se
    341 meeting 12.23.08

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...ge+garnishment

I did a search for you see if this helps
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by *aaron* View Post
      What paperwork do I need to give my employer to stop the wage garnishment I currently have after I file next week? Our comptroller said that she can't stop the garnishment unless she gets something in writing.

Thanks!
      You can't make it stop. Only a court order can make a wage garnishment stop. In some limited cases, a non-government entity will stop when they receive your Notice of Bankruptcy... which they should. You can motion the court to enter an order stopping the garnishment. I don't know which format you would use and if it would be a Motion to Compel or a straight Motion to Stop Garnishment or something.

Once that it issued to your employer, they then must stop. I had the same exact issue. However, I'm in a Chapter 13 and my Wage Deduction Order took care of the stopping of the garnishment (by replacing it with another)... although wage deduction is not considered a garnishment.
      Last edited by justbroke; 10-16-2008, 04:02 PM.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by *aaron* View Post

Thanks!
        http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=6636

This a form you can send your creditor not your employer
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X