• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 days to go and this pops up!!!

341 meeting 08/18/08 :aggress:
    I'm a 60day'er!!!!:clapping::yahoo:
    last day of objections 10/17/08 :D
    discharged 11/04/08 !!!!!:yahoo:

I'm not sure mate, he's hiring himself as an attorney?

If you filed with a lawyer call him up and ask about this, I've never seen something like this posted here before.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

yeah, I did ask my attorney and he said he had no idea what she was up to. He said "don't assume this is something serious".......I guess we'll just have to wait and see......scary

Comment

http://www.mcdonaldlawaz.com/bkcode/11usc0327.htm

I looked up that law looks like the trustee is asking for help with the case load. maybe he is swamped
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

no, I don't think so??? Seems like the trustee is hiring herself as an attorney. But for what purpose? I don't have anything!! The only thing I have is an old 1995 honda prelude that doesn't run. She asked about it, wanted pictures of it at the 341. Do you think it has something to do with that? Or could it be something more serious like FRAUD allegations or something?! I am thinking about everything and I just can't think of anything I've done wrong!
          Last edited by debtor36K; 10-16-2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by debtor36K View Post
            no, I don't think so??? Seems like the trustee is hiring herself as an attorney. But for what purpose? I don't have anything!! The only thing I have is an old 1995 honda prelude that doesn't run. She asked about it, wanted pictures of it at the 341. Do you think it has something to do with that? Or could it be something more serious like FRAUD allegations or something?! I am thinking about everything and I just can't think of anything I've done wrong!
            The way i read that is she is asking for money to hire staff to help handle her case load. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your case.
            Chapter 7 07/30/2008
            341 09/17/2008
            Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

That could be the case, maybe the case load has gotten so high they need additional help to handle it.
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

She is asking the court in motion to hire that person to help with "your state". You don't care about anybody else or her case load, right now she is talking about your.
                Even if your atty says you don't have to go to the hearing...go. You are close to discharge, you shouldn't have this unless she plans to ask for an extention.

My opnion.

Comment

Originally posted by cool33097 View Post

She is asking the court in motion to hire that person to help with "your state". You don't care about anybody else or her case load, right now she is talking about your.
                  Even if your atty says you don't have to go to the hearing...go. You are close to discharge, you shouldn't have this unless she plans to ask for an extention.
                  My opnion.
                  Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                  341 09/17/2008
                  Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

I don't know about you all, but there is clearly a way for the Trustee to earn more money by acting as an attorney, and then petitioning the court of Fees.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

If this was for something specific such as a Rule 2004(b) Examination--as what happened to 'Hub and I--there would be language to that effect in the notice. From reading the Original Post and TEW's link, it looks to me like the trustee is requesting additional administrative help.
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Additional administrative help?? If she was short on help why would she ask to hire herself for help? Isn't she already working on the case?

Comment

I have seen some asset cases described on here where the trustee hired herself as an attorney to help administer the case. But wouldn't there be some kind of notice of assets? At what point would they give such a notice? Before or after discharge?
                          Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
                          341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
                          Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
                          Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

There is a new document filed that goes something like this :

The trustee has filed a motion to employ Darcy D. as attorney for the trustee. The trustee appears in person. Darcy D. also appears. There are no other appearances. After reviewing the court file, reviewing the statements of counsel, and being otherwise duly and fully advised to the premises, the court finds and orders that:

The trustees motion was properly noticed to interested parties
                            The allegations in the trustees motion are true and Darcy D. is hereby appointed attorney for the trustee at a rate of $200/ hour plus reasonable expenses pursuant to 11 usc sec 327 blah blah blah

this is pretty much the meat of the document. It was an adobe file and it wouldn't let me copy the text.........

I didn't see any allegations in the trustees motion~!!! Maybe you guys are right and she is just way behind on this stuff.....after all it still says awaiting 341 on pacer and today is the last day of objections!
                            Last edited by debtor36K; 10-17-2008, 07:22 AM.

Comment

UPDATE:

I sent an email to my lawyer and this was his reply:

I have inquired, but not received a response. As I mentioned in my earlier
                              email, the trustee usually won't respond to inquiries like this. I would
                              not be terribly concerned about this though. She is doing this in all of my
                              cases right now. If I find something out, I'll pass along the information.

Paul

Since she is doing this to everyone I feel much better now!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X