Citi Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citi Financial

I have a loan with them. I am going to have to stop paying them as of this month. I heard they get really really ugly quick. I know they usually call me if I am a day late so I am sure it is going to get bad.

Anyone ever have a problem with them when filing? I took out the 6k loan July 08 and lost my 2nd Job Aug 08. If only I knew I was going to lose that 2nd job cuz this loan is def the one to put me over the edge!

Hi inpain: We haven't dealt with Citi Financial as a loan company, but our two MCs were by Citigroup. Now, I've read that Citi is in financial woes--when they had been trying to take over either Wachovia or Merrill Lynch a few weeks ago. So whatever arm it is, will probably turn nasty.

Ours was American General.

Sorry about the job loss. Good luck to you.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I have 2 accounts with Citi, one for over 20k and one for ove 10k - I've been sending them short payments since May. They call about 10-20 times a day it seems, I only talk to them every few weeks - typically I have found the collectors there to be friendly and sympathetic, unlike Discover & Juniper. Mind you, I think that's part of their strategy! This is a really stressful time for you, if someone starts to get out of hand, remember you are in control of how long you stay on the phone with someone who is abusive!
      BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Hi Inpain.

Citifinancial would not go away for me until I spoke to them and told them I was filing BK. They disappeared after that. No objections, not another peep.

I would not ignore them cause they will go to all means to track you down...calling work, relatives, etc.

However, it is important to note, that you cannot ascertain what any one creditor or CA is going to do regarding any one person. Ask a question about any of them, and you will get ten different people with 10 different experiences.

ep
        California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Citifinancial was the only company to file a suit against me. However, they never followed through with it (probably due to being unable to serve me). They had spelled my name and middle initial TOTALLY wrong... so... that was an affirmative defense right there.

Anyhow, they are very aggressive with the phone calls. This is why they set up local offices.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I never heard a peep out of citibank. Then again all my charges with them were for thousands of dollars in medical bills. Nothing for them to get back.

I did make sure my loan for furniture thru citifinacial was paid off because I think they may have tried to get me there. Citi has never been a very nice bank to deal with.

Lets see... 6K in July, stop paying in November/December, let it ride for a couple of more months, maybe late winter Feb/Mar -seek an approximate filing date. That is how I would funnel that. March would be 8 months...hmmm ... should be fine.

two pennies

Comment

Ouch, reading all this about Citifinancial I guess I should brace myself. I have about 13K in a Citifinacial loan but made an autopay just before I decided to cancel all payments. So not late until after this week. I've been getting about 10 calls a day from Citibank regarding two credit cards I stopped paying for last month.

Comment

I use to work at Citi Financial. Once you tell them you are filing for CH 7 BK they will leave you alone. Take it from an insider. Then they mark the account, hold for swipe (meaning write off).
                9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
                11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
                01/04/2010 - last day for objections
                01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Well, I got a call from CitiFinancial only 6 days after I missed the November due date. That was quick. They offered to "refinance" my loan and reduce my monthly payments and even allow me to miss next month's payment. I hadn't told them I was filing yet, only that I lost my job and other bills are higher priority now. They want me to call back next week (yeah, right, like I will) since I could not commit to anything when they called. I'll just wait for them to call me back and give 'em my lawyers number.

Comment

I have an account with citi cards, told them i was unemployed and can't pay currently. Told them i want to pay but I can't. They put me on hold, tell me they dropped the rate to 0% from 10.9% with no late charges. Go figure.
                    9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
                    11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
                    01/04/2010 - last day for objections
                    01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

i have a big issue with them too, call me at home several time and at work also, i guess my service writer getting tires of them also so she will say "im out to lunch or on a road test", they tried to lower my payment and she wants me to stop by and just sign some paperworks, but that did not happen, and i tried to go on settlement and she said they dont do settlement, so i told to myself if that's the case BK is my last option.

now my citifinancial account here in nj is now handle by a different state office. and i never heard anycalls from them since i sent my letter that im filing for BK with my atty. phone number on it.

BTW. i stop paying them since may 2008, they threatning me with wage garnishment also.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X