Made the first move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made the first move

So I made my first move to try and get out of the debt I'm drowning in. I scheduled a free consultation on 12/10 with a BK attorney. Does anyone have any input on the Bankrupsty Law Firm of Lansing J. Roy P.A in Jacksonville FL? I went over all my accounts I owe on and it adds up to about $52,000!!!! That doesn't include my car I owe $18,800 on, although it's a 1999 model I keep it in good shape. It does need some minor work but I'm holding off on that incase the credit union doesn't allow me to keep the car since I have 3 other accounts with them I'm including in the BK.

Employment wise, I'm a comissioned Mortgage Loan Officer and it's very bad out there. I just recieved my last comission check of $5,300 and have about $1,200 in my checking. I have no other assets! I do have my car payment that's $375 and usual rent and utilities (not including the 52k debt). The company I worked for is based out of NJ (where I use to live), however, I made the decision to move down to FL to pick up on accounts I use to mantain with another employer but came to the conclusion they are unhelpable. Therefor, I'm currently unemployed and have been looking for a job for SOOOO long, over a month (been in FL 1 month). However, I just landed one as again, "a loan officer" with a small base pay of $1400 month plus comission if I can get loans approved. I'm not sure my background will go through since my credit is shot with a 544 fico, all my debts and late payments. I don't know what to do if this is the case!

Banking, would it be wise to cash my pay check and with draw all my money out of my bank and keep cash? Reason I ask is with my one account citi has been trying to pull the payment out without my knowledge and I have been hit with multiple $29 over limit fee's! I called this bank and closed the account since I don't use it. I know I'm judgement proof since I don't have anything! Rent an apartment, car is financed and have 2nd hand furniture.

Please, what shall I do? I can't pay my other debts and I'm unemployed. I never thought I would come to this point in my life ; (
    9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
    11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
    01/04/2010 - last day for objections
    01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

No replies?

Comment

First of all~ congrats on that first - and hardest - step! Unless you owe money to your bank, it's not a problem depositing your commission check. You'll ulitimately be spending it on an attorney, food, rent, gas and all that jazz.

Comment

Welcome. When do you think you will bk? You must be a resident of Florida 6 months to become official citizen. You may have to use your other state rules if you plan sooner. Any journey starts out with the first and hardest step. Grats and keep us informed. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Sounds like you're on the right path by securing an attorney. I'm just starting out myself, so I have no advice for you. However, just wanted to say hey and welcome!
          Bk #1 (DP) Filed Ch 7 Pro Se on Feb 28, 2013 ~ 341 on Apr 19, 2013 ~ Discharged on Jun 13, 2013
          Bk #2 (Self) Filed Ch 7 Pro Se on May 5, 2013 ~ 341 on Jun 14, 2013

Comment

I would hold off on the BK for now. Your employment situation doesn't sound very good right now and if you file now and get into trouble again in 6 months you're screwed. Wait until your more stable and then file.

-TS

Comment

I'm going to just go and retain the attorney and file in 6 months when i'm at a stable job.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan. Make sure you interview a few attornies before retaining one.

Good luck .

TS

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X