Disposable income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disposable income

How much can I have for Chap 7? The way my lawyer talking, it sounds like 0. I would like to have a little, so maybe I could save some in case something comes up, since I don't have credit cards.
    Filed: Dec 31, 2008
    341: Feb 5, 2009
    Discharge: Apr 7, 2009 (61 days even)

I'm with you from what was posted to me about this same issue. Its all paperwork/figures. But one thing I wonder is if they know our income are they going to ask were the extra went? Unless you pad the other expenses. I don't think they would question?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

The zero the attorney is talking about is on paper. As long as your expenses aren't over the IRS standards, you have nothing to prove or worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
        The zero the attorney is talking about is on paper. As long as your expenses aren't over the IRS standards, you have nothing to prove or worry about.
        Where can we find the IRS standards?

Comment

They are on the US Trustee website.

Comment

Originally posted by tbornetun View Post
            they are on the us trustee website.
            http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/2...anstesting.htm
            ty

Comment

At my 341 meeting the trustee asked me after expenses if I had more then $200 a month
              BTW anything I say here is just me yapping based on my experience. Your milage may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by JJL View Post
                At my 341 meeting the trustee asked me after expenses if I had more then $200 a month
                Thats good to know, but don't they read the paperwork?

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
                  Thats good to know, but don't they read the paperwork?
                  Yeah but he asked a lot of questions He knew the answer to. Like if I'm leasing X car. If my debt is primarily X and Y. If I work for X company. etc. Thats just what they do I suppose. For confirmation I guess

Mine was like $15 after expenses actually I think.
                  Last edited by JJL; 12-03-2008, 06:58 PM.
                  BTW anything I say here is just me yapping based on my experience. Your milage may vary.

Comment

Yeah but he asked a lot of questions He knew the answer to. Like if I'm leasing X car. If my debt is primarily X and Y. If I work for X company. etc. Thats just what they do I suppose. For confirmation I guess

Mine was like $15 after expenses actually I think.
                    Maybe they are trying to trip you up. You say somehting different then what you put.

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
                      Maybe they are trying to trip you up. You say somehting different then what you put.
                      It didn't come across that way at all. I didn't feel like I was trying to be tripped up. So don't worry about that. Kind of like just stating for the record. you know? So it get officially recorded or what ever

Comment

It didn't come across that way at all. I didn't feel like I was trying to be tripped up. So don't worry about that. Kind of like just stating for the record. you know? So it get officially recorded or what ever
                        Oh makes sense, but i don't think others have been asked. But i have trsut issues. LOL

Comment

JJL - that is the exact reason why they ask the questions about information you already provided.

Comment

I have more than $200

at the end of the month. Usually around $300. I read that if you have less than $500, you're still OK. Am I screwed?
                            I think of my bankruptcy less as "walking away" and more as "gnawing my leg off to get out of a trap".

Comment

This site gives you a worksheet and figures DI. http://legalconsumer.com/bankruptcy/means-test/

I lived on it for awhile
                              Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                              341 Oct 8 2008
                              Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X