top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto showing up as discharged when it wasn't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto showing up as discharged when it wasn't?

My wife checked her credit tonight and we noticed that a car that I was just a co-signer on is showing up as discharged chapter 7. First of all why does it say this when she didn't file and I was just a co-signer? And secondly I reaffirmed the debt, or .... did I? Does this mean it got denied by the court, or is this something normal that will be updated once my case is closed?

Just kind of confused and worried!

Thanks
    Filed 10/20/08
    Discharged 1/27/09

Your credit report is not a legal document use pacer to track the status of your case
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by TEW View Post
      Your credit report is not a legal document use pacer to track the status of your case
      I understand that, however I was hoping someone would know if its normal or not since so many have been in the same situation on here. My pacer log in information and bankruptcy paperwork is currently at my office and I didn't want to be up all night worrying.

If anyone knows if its common to have the account marked that way until your reaffirmation is accepted and or case closed I would appreciate knowing.

Secondly if anyone has any clue as to why my wifes credit is being marked with bankruptcy that would also be appreciated.
      Filed 10/20/08
      Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

It means she has to dispute her CR
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Ok I finally was able to check out my PACER this morning about this situation. I looked at the docket and noticed never did it mention a reaffirmation agreement being filed? I signed both and hand delievered them each to my attorney. Do those usually show up on the docket listing, or is it something that shows up somewhere else?

Thanks
          Filed 10/20/08
          Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

You should see it listed under the History\Documents section. I would check with your lawyer to see when he will actually file them. The reaffirms need to be actually filed with the court in order for them to be official.
            Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
            341 Meeting - 08/13/08
            DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
            CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X