341 meeting tomorrow San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything I need to know? It's going to be in San Diego.
    Filed: Dec 31, 2008
    341: Feb 5, 2009
    Discharge: Apr 7, 2009 (61 days even)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

ANY help please?

Comment

Mine was in Riverside so I don't know anything about San Diego. Just relax as most are extremely uneventful. Be honest and it will be over quickly. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Comment

Make sure you take the required documents that you need to have. I don't recall exactly what they are but I remember that we needed to have a photo ID like a drivers license and our social security cards. Take copies of your previous tax returns if they were not included with your filing and make sure that you bring any pay stubs and bank statements that you have received since you filed. They may not ask for these things but it's good to have them just in case. I don't know how they do it in San Diego, but in Houston I was very surprised to walk into the meeting room and then find out that my panel trustee was handling his meetings by calling 4 parties at a time into the room. Basically he did 4 cases an hour and all 4 debtors and their attorneys were in the room together. As each party finished they left the room, but it was strange to go in and all of a sudden you were spilling your guts as to your particular situation in front of several sets of complete strangers. Just be prepared for that. The meeting itself ususally goes very quickly unless the UST decides to show up and ask questions........in that case it is not uncommon for the UST to ask that the 341 meeting be reconvened in a few weeks in order to give you time to take care of whatever items that they have questions regarding. Best of luck to you.
          Filed: 10/25/08 (No Assets, CH 7) :blink:
          341 Meeting: 12/4/08 :aggress:
          Discharged: 2/3/09 :clapping:
          Closed: 2/3/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

just your drivers license and social security cards the trustee already has everything you filed.
            good luck. it only takes a couple of minutes.
            Chapter 7 07/30/2008
            341 09/17/2008
            Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll check back in the morning for anymore before I head out.

Comment

If it is the same as mine its downtown in a hotel near the courthouse. Two rooms we waited outside the room with the trustee for our attorney. Once attorney came we went inside where there was about 50 people. Trustee would call them up one at a time and ask questions. You could hear the questions he was asking so its not very private. If the UST needs to be involved you will be one of the last called up. Overall preety easy we owed 125K in CC debt and he was cool about it. He even let us keep our tax return as we could only exempt a portion of it. he felt it was not worth his time to take the 5K or so we could not exempt. Like others said make sure you have DL and SS card and paperwork. Our attorney sent in the wrong pay stubs for my wife but luckily we had copies to give to the UST so I would come prepared but make sure you do not provide anything that your attorney may not want you to provide.
                Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
                341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

Yes, ours is in a hotel downtown. How long were you there? I just keep being worried that it might turn into a Chapter 13, then I don't know what happens. Did anyone's get changed?

Comment

sorry about the delay. Ours was less than 5 minutes. We discharged 125K and had no problems. he let us keep our time share as wlel even though i wish he would have taken it. Tell us how he want
                    Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
                    341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

Went well. Very quick. Surprised how little trouble it was.

Comment

Originally posted by elstx View Post
                        Went well. Very quick. Surprised how little trouble it was.
                        Almost too easy, huh? Glad to hear it went well...congrats!
                        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

monkatom could you clarify your statement please "he let us keep our time share as wlel even though i wish he would have taken it." Our bk attorney said the same thing that trustees don't want them as they are too much trouble. So did you get to keep the time share and they just wiped out the balance you owed?
                          Ch 7 filed: 3/30
                          341: 5/12
                          Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

My timshare was paid off. It is a cheap one so its not like the nicer ones were you almost have a mortgage payment. Not sure how they will handle it if you owe money.
                            Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
                            341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

I'm sorry I meant to wish you luck this morning and I see you're already done and had a good result. Whew! Welcome to the waiting period! I'll be at the lovely SD BK courthouse tomorrow morning trying to reopen my case.
                              12/05/08 - filed pro se
                              01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
                              04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
                              6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X