top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 in 2 hours!! AHHHH!!!! Everyone please read! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in 2 hours!! AHHHH!!!! Everyone please read! :)

My 341 meeting is in two hours ( 2p.m. pacific time, i live in CA) and I am getting a little bit anxious. I was not nervous until now. I am so ready to get this over with. My attorney called me this morning to remind me, like I would forget!!!! He told me all I needed to bring was my I.D. Card and Social Security Card. If everything goes as planned I will be discharged on 6/22/09!!! I do not post very often but I have looked at this forum religiously everyday since I started this bankruptcy process.

Everyone that posts and responds in the forums has helped me tremendously and I just want to give a big THANK YOU!! I will let everyone know how it goes!

Just to give you a little background I owe $77,000 in credit card debt and I am only 24. Looking back I think that I used my credit cards to get me through school (paying tuition, rent, groceries, etc....) I basically lived off of them for the past 5 years until I received my Bachelors degree so I guess I do have something to show for my debt! I had every intention to pay them back and had kept up on the mimimum payments until a year ago, but things just got crazy after I had my daughter and really added up my debt and realized how deep I was in. Maybe it was a good thing I used my credit cards instead of student loans so at least they are dischargable! I stopped paying my credit cards about a year ago and have been sticking to a really good budget ever since and like everyone I VOW never to get myself into debt again.

When I was in college the credit card companies would be on campus handing out free t-shirts, waterbottles, or whatever just to get students to apply and they definatley got me! I just don't get it, they raised my credit limits all the time even when I had balances and I admit it was my fault for acting irresponsibly but I would keep charging. I mean seriously, BOFA gave me a $25,000 unsecured loan when they knew I was in college and working part time. I did lie about my income but they didn't even require proof, it was all in one phone call that they aproved me! Me lying was not the right thing to do at all but I was young and dumb and took the loan at an 18% interest rate and an 8 year term. I think my payments were like $455/mo or something. Our banks wonder why they are asking for bailout money? Well I think my situation is a fine example. I am not by any means giving exuses for myself because I should have made better choices but I do think the banks and credit card companies are at fault also. Anyways.....now that I ranted and raved about my situation I again want to thank everyone for their support. CHEERS TO HOPEFULLY BEING OUT OF DEBT SOON!!!!

Good Luck on your 341 today.

Luci

Comment

Goodluck and hope everything goes really smooth for you.

Comment

Good luck and let us know how it goes! I should find out when my 341 is very soon - probably this week.

It is very common for the credit card companies to target college kids. I got my first cc when I was twenty. I wasn't in college though, I was working but still I didn't hardly make anything then. They don't care anymore whether you have a job or not - they give it to you anyway. They don't what trouble you get into.

I just recently watched the movie "Maxed Out" and they have a segment on just what you are talking about. Unfortunately, some of the segment was about two college kids who killed themselves over credit card debt too. The cc's don't care but they know what they are doing - they know kids will spend, spend and spend when they first strike out on their own in college. It is pretty nasty of the cc's.
        "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
        http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
        1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

Good Luck! I am in Ca also and I will be having my 341 in Modesto so I'm told. Hope it went well.
          "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
          Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
          341 Hearing March 4th 2010
          Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

Let us know how it goes! I'm in Southern California.
            Retained attorney 4/14/09
            Filed 5/29/09 :yahoo:
            341 meeting 7/8/09 DONE! :yahoo::yes2:
            DISCHARGED!!!!!!! 10/16/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

"I owe $77,000 in credit card debt and I am only 24."
              Holy crud that's amazing. I didn't get credit like that until I was making $80,000 and 30 years old. Hope all goes well...

Comment

back from the meeting.....

So the meeting went really well. Like everyone said it lasted a little over a minute for my own and then I was out of there. My attorney said to just wait out the 60 days and I should be just fine!

Comment

Awesome! Where in CA are you?
                  Retained attorney 4/14/09
                  Filed 5/29/09 :yahoo:
                  341 meeting 7/8/09 DONE! :yahoo::yes2:
                  DISCHARGED!!!!!!! 10/16/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Can you elaborate? What were you asked?

Comment

Originally posted by Overmylimit View Post
                      Good Luck! I am in Ca also and I will be having my 341 in Modesto so I'm told. Hope it went well.
                      I live in Modesto and will be filing in the next few months so let me know how it goes.
                      Filed 5/29/09
                      Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

kaliangel08

First of all congrats!

I also am in California (riverside). I also just graduated with a Bachelors from UCR and got so deep into debt because of college, especially having both my sons while still in college, to add to it one of them recently received a bone marrow transplant.

If you are in Riverside can you advice me on the procedure of the 341? Or any other tips. Thanks
                        Filed Chapter 7 4/22/2009
                        341 Meeting Scheduled 5/27/2009
                        Discharged 7/30/2009
                        Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kaliangel08 View Post
                          So the meeting went really well. Like everyone said it lasted a little over a minute for my own and then I was out of there. My attorney said to just wait out the 60 days and I should be just fine!
                          So happy for you! Glad it went well....it gives me hope as my 341 meeting is Friday at 9:00 a.m. I, too, am quite nervous but I have absolutely nothing, no assets, nada!

Job interview tomorrow (Thursday) which is making me even more nervous, lol!
                          ~Filed 3/31/09~
                          ~341 Meeting 4/24/09~

Comment

details of 341

I live in Sacramento, CA so the courthouse I had to go to was in downtown Sacramento. My time was at 2:00p.m. so I met my lawyer there and there was about 15 other people in the room that had the 2p.m. time also.

When I was called up my attorney sat down next to me and I was asked for my photo i.d. and my social security card. MAKE SURE TO BRING THOSE ITEMS OR THEY CAN DISMISS YOUR CASE!!! The trustee had me pick up a piece of paper, raise my right hand and recite it. It said something along the lines of :

"My name is ____ and I solemly swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth etc......"

"My address is _______________"

"My maritial status is _________"

"I have read the information about bankruptcy and undertand it etc....."

And then she went on to ask me:

"Has your income changed since you filed?"
                            "Did you list all debtors on your petition"
                            "Do you expect to receive any money from any source like inheritance, a lawsuit etc...."
                            "Does anyone owe you money?"
                            "Do you own any other property that is not listed in your petition"
                            "Do you have a claim in any lawsuit?"

I answered no to all of the questions and then she said ok thats it. Thank You. and then it was over and she called the next person.

It is such a relief to be done with it!

Comment

wow thats sweet my 341 is in two weeks and im nervous.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X