Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 to 13 conversion would happen when?

We had a Chapter 7 341 the other day.
    If we were to be converted to a chapter 13 wouldn't the trustee have said something at that time.
    I hear of people saying that they have been converted and worry about it.
    Pacer now says "awaiting discharge" so I guess we are OK?

You probably would of had a heads up by now if something like that were to be happening. What makes you ask that question?

Comment

I have read here and elsewhere about many being converted as they have extra money left over filing chapter 7 even though they are below the means test.
      This really worries us.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
        I have read here and elsewhere about many being converted as they have extra money left over filing chapter 7 even though they are below the means test.
        This really worries us.
        You would have known if you had enough disposable income to be forced into a 13 when your lawyer filled out your Means Test and Schedules.

Unless your trustee files an objection to your 7 now after the 341 (and this is very, very rare), you are just waiting out your 60 days to discharge.

Do whatever is necessary to get your mind off your bk for awhile. Worrying about something happening does nothing, zero, zip, nada to actually prevent it from happening. And in your case, the chances of being pushed into a 13 at this point are about the same as you picking all the winning numbers in a state lottery today
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

OK, that's reassuring to hear anyway.