816-420-4003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

816-420-4003

Anyone recognize this number? Yep, its Citibank.

They started calling me today. Geez, didn't they get the memo - Chapter 7 dudes!

I didn't even hear the phone as I can't hear well when I am asleep but they woke my bf up this morning.

One 2 second dead voicemail. I knew what it was before I even looked the number up. Plus it is exact a week I am late too - right on time.

Doesn't bug me because I know exactly how automated it all is. I used to be a programmer for a large corporation and I used to write the programs for the accounts system and the billing stuff is all done by batch jobs. These are programs that automatically run every night against the database and whoseever bills are over due by whatever days they want are flagged and sent to the automated calling system. Everytime the computer calls you it is logged too. They even log whether or not you answered and can tell whether or not a voicemail picked up. It only gets routed to a human if the system detects a pickup. Super easy to progam and all digital now. My guess is there is not one human being over at Citibank who knows I am being called yet or that I am at Chapter 7 - just Mr. Mainframe.

A person won't even know you are defaulted or BK unless you answer the call. Kind of funny they called though - no one else has called and my case was filed April 30 and some of my accounts are being closed already. But I do owe Citibank the largest amount - tough I am not answering. Well, I do have my case number so I guess I could answer and give them that - but my phone will probably be shutting off soon so we shall see.

I feel bad for the people who work at Citibank though. A fellow programmer that I used to work with got a job over there and HATED it. He said they were so overworked that no one had a life. He quit and came back to to our company because it was such a nice place to work.
    "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
    http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
    1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Wow! Citibank started the day by calling every two hours than went to every hour, half an hour or hour and a half. Mr. Mainframe is sure working hard.

I customized their ringtone to a happy little jaunty song that I can dance to - so I do a little funny jig when they call! Ha ha! Fun day! My kitty was quite interested in the ringtone.

I'll be turning the phone off at night. I don't want to be woken up at 8 am.

Maybe tomorrow I will answer and give my case number just to give Mr. Mainframe a break.
    1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

Queenfluff:

Your are 2 2 funny! We get boatloads of phone calls every day. Attorney said don't answer them. I do the same thing. When someone calls I go to google and type in the phone number & gee it's either a CC company, Attorney or Collector LOL!

We are filing 9/30/09 as we need to let some income drop off. Stopped paying most of our CCs' in 9/08. Am praying we won't get sued until then. However, Attorney did say no worries, he would file something that would stop any judgement until we get filed.

Luci

Comment

On Monday, I started leaving my cell phone in my car because I don't use it, but that is the number all of my creditors have on file.

When I got into my car this evening to head to work, I have 40 missed calls. I didn't even bother to look to see who they were from, but I know the bulk of them are from Juniper, Capital One and GE Money Bank. I missed my first payment with Citi Bank on Tuesday and I am sure they will start calling soon, if they haven't all ready.

Thursday night, when I head to work, I will have to write down all the numbers on my caller ID and look up what number belongs to who.

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!
        Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
        341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
        Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
        Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

capital 1

capital 1 is the sneakiest. They keep calling from different area codes trying to get me to answer, and it's always Hot Linda leaving me a message. every time I find a new number of theirs on my caller ID, I add it to my Blacklist so my VOP phone directs it to voicemail without ringing the phone. I googled the latest # today, and found a Blog on cap 1 that listed over 100 phone #'s they can call you from. Holy cow !!
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Ha ha! "Hot Linda"? Do they actually leave a message or it is 2 seconds of dead air? I have 2 dead voice mails from Citibank today. I have read that some companies use several different numbers though - so far this is the only number that has been calling me.

I had a CapitolOne a long time ago. I can't remember having any troubles with them - of course I wasn't bankrupt at the time.

Remember having a hard time closeing a Discover account that I had paid off - the CSR wouldn't let me close it and gave me a big psych lecture about responsiblity. Good Grief! I had to hang up on him and call back and ask to talk to a manager because he wouldn't let me talk! I know they are supposed to "talk you into stuff" but that was ridiculous. The guy had no idea how to deal with customers and was probably like 18. I have a Psych degree so I don't need a lecture from an 18 year old.

What I don't get is why is Citibank is the only one calling when I am also late on 2 Chase cards? Chase never called and they have already closed my online accounts for both cc's. I also have a BoA cc and that bill isn't even due yet and I am current on it and they have also already closed my account and no one has called. All of the companies should have the stay that I filed BK.

So what is Citibanks problem? Why have they not closed my account and not called like the rest of them? Are they just particularly more nasty?

Comment

I have been reading a lot about people adding creditor numbers to a blacklist on there VOIP service. VOIP, is that like Vonage?

I have Comcast digital phone service at my house and I am wondering if I can do that with my phone service.

I really haven't looked into it that much (I will have to make a note of it on my arm or something so I remember when I get home in the morning.)

My wife has 2 creditors that call our home phone everyday and it would be nice to add them to a blacklist.
              Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
              341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
              Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
              Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Hot Linda calls everyday and i can always tell it's a message from them as the recording shows exactly 12 seconds long.

The VOP service i have is called OOma. It;s here in Ca. and best buy and Costco.com sells the devices for $200. all you need is a DSL line. You hook up the VOP box, call you phone carrier and cancel your service. Waalaa.......no more phone bill, its works off your internet connection. Also, anytime a call come in it sends you an e-mail and you can play back the message on your computer.

oops..........Chase is calling from a new #. Time to add it to my blacklist.
                Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I had Vonage before. I loved it but than I wasn't using it too much so I canceled it. Vonage is through your internet connection.

I think you can block numbers through it which is nice. But I didn't have to do that when I had it so I am not sure. And you can listen to your messages on the computer and immediately looked at all the calls that are logged. You can also forward all your calls to any other number and you can change your number online any time you want. I wish Vonage had cell phone service.
                  They were great. I don't know if Comcast does the same things Vonage does.

Comment

Originally posted by queenfluff View Post
                    I customized their ringtone to a happy little jaunty song that I can dance to - so I do a little funny jig when they call! Ha ha! Fun day! My kitty was quite interested in the ringtone.
                    My girlfriend & I went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic when it was in theatres. The main character was being harrassed by a creditor and so she finally set her ringtone to "Do not answer, it's Derrick Smeath. Do not answer, it's Derrick Smeath". Too funny! So my girlfriend recorded that and sent it to me. I'm not getting creditor calls anymore, so that's her ringtone now. LOL.

Once my case is discharged and this is all over, I will switch it back to her normal ringtone.
                    Filed Chpt 7: 3/20/09
                    341 mtg: 4/29/09
                    Discharge: 6/30/09

Comment

Originally posted by Clover329 View Post
                      My girlfriend & I went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic when it was in theatres. The main character was being harrassed by a creditor and so she finally set her ringtone to "Do not answer, it's Derrick Smeath. Do not answer, it's Derrick Smeath". Too funny! So my girlfriend recorded that and sent it to me. I'm not getting creditor calls anymore, so that's her ringtone now. LOL.

Once my case is discharged and this is all over, I will switch it back to her normal ringtone.
                      Ha ha! That's cute! I haven't seen that movie yet - sounds fun!

I turned off my phone last night and I just turned it back on so I can't tell if Citibank has called yet. Let's hope they got the memo. I am looking forward to my phone service getting shut off though so Citibank won't have anywhere to call. Technically, they are NOT supposed to be callling me - so there bad.

Comment

Originally posted by queenfluff View Post
                        Ha ha! That's cute! I haven't seen that movie yet - sounds fun!

I turned off my phone last night and I just turned it back on so I can't tell if Citibank has called yet. Let's hope they got the memo. I am looking forward to my phone service getting shut off though so Citibank won't have anywhere to call. Technically, they are NOT supposed to be callling me - so there bad.
                        Hot Linda from Cap 1 called again about 9:00 am, again from another new #. Ya think she is stalking me ??

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                          Hot Linda from Cap 1 called again about 9:00 am, again from another new #. Ya think she is stalking me ??
                          Yep, she is totally after you.

Damn, Citibank called. They are on my creditors list - so why are they not obeying the rules like the other companies? Could it be possible they didn't get the Notice of BK?

Do you think I should answer and give them my case number?

Comment

Ha ha! I just got another goofy call from Citibank but not from the 816 number - this one was from Citibanks Fraud early warning system - 866-623-9534- to let me know that they changed my account number because that dumb security breach thingy. Duh! I knew that weeks ago. The message was left by a little computer voice. "Please call us about your new account number"....uh, no.

Good, I won't be activating that card so it will get canceled - maybe than they won't call me anymore.

Comment

Every once in a while you should answer the phone, explain that you can't pay, ignore it for a while and answer it again.

It's when they cannot get in touch with you or you blocked them from calling your home phone, etc. they will call friends and relatives.
                              The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X