Anyone successfully convert from ch13 to 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone successfully convert from ch13 to 7

Has anyone successfully converted from a 13 to 7 and still kept your house and furnishings? I`m 30 months into a 13 and have payed 50k of a scheduled 98k unsecured cc debt. I currently have a mortgage and auto loan , all current outside the 13. I`m looking at a substantial decrease in income from where I started the 13. This will seriously hinder me paying any after expenses disposable income. I`m considering converting if possible. Any experience with this out there?

I have not done it but it's my understanding after talking with our attorney that anything that will permanently affect your payments on a 13 like loss of income could qualify you to go to a chapter 7.
    We just waiting until we were under the means as we are retired and lost our jobs due to med reasons and filed the 7 in the first place.
    You are certainly not stuck in the 13 if you cannot afford the payment plans any longer.
    Talk to an attorney.

Comment

We are in the middle of this right now. Dh's income has decrease and put us below the median now so our attorney has advised us to convert. We have a few road bumps to get through...mostly b/c communication isn't going good with my lawyer but I'm hoping it will be fine. They look at your last 6 months of income. WE tried to convert in February but we couldn't. By May our income had dropped enough that we were eligible. We will be keeping our home, furnishings, and 1 car but we don't own any extravagant furnishings and little to no equity in our home.
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maddog2112 View Post
        I`m looking at a substantial decrease in income from where I started the 13. This will seriously hinder me paying any after expenses disposable income. I`m considering converting if possible. Any experience with this out there?
        I'll keep you posted. We're supposed to meet w/ our attorney today. Our income between loss of my check and a 50% drop in my wife's profit makes our 26 mth. old ch. 13 impossible. So we'll see what he has to say. Our problem is we own a business that has clients that will probably drop us if they are notified of a ch. 7. We escaped that last time because we filed 13 and our business wasn't in it. It's an LLC

Comment

Our income is over the median, however after expenses and payments for car mortgage and equity all outside the 13 there will be little to no disposable income to pay the trustee.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X