? About Credit Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? About Credit Score

Hey all, how does everyone check their credit score? I know about the free credit score once a year thing. I am not over that year yet and I was wondering if there was a cheap way of doing it? DH still unemployed and we are really scrapped for cash right now. Thanks all. Broken

The only 'real" scores are the ones you get from Myfico.com and now Experian has ended their contract with Fico, so you have to get your Experian score from them directly.

Here is what I did to get my scores. I bought one of those Visa gift cards for 25.00 + 3.95 fee. Went onlne and used the gift card to use for the free trial for Fico credit monitoring. Used up the rest of the gift card at the grocery store or where ever before the 30 days was up (cause they auto bill for the full next months amount and I can never remember to cancel my membership with those auto bill deals when I use my debit card) It then cancels the next month when they try to bill the gift card and it gets declined caused you used up the balance before the next billing period.

Note: This only works if you have never used their CM service before and qualify for the free trial.

CRAs do not by by law have to give you a free score every year, just a report.

So basically you can get your 2 FICO scores for the 3.95 fee you paid for the gift card.

I believe the Experian score you can buy for 6-7 bucks

Comment

Thanks for the info Dingdong.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X