top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARGH! Right before i am about to file!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARGH! Right before i am about to file!!!

hi everyone,
    i recently broke up with my boyfriend and just a few days ago moved into my friends house. i was planning on filing the 30th of this month and had already used my bf income/expenses (since i have none and he paid close to 100% of everything). but my friend i am living with now makes over 100k a year. is this going to be an issue? she is not on any of my cards at all and has no legal obligation to my debt but now i have no idea how to fill out my income/expenses and do not know if this would force me into a chap 13. anyone have any idea??? thanks!

Well, when they go into median family income etc, there is a keyword there. Family.

A roommate really isnt part of your family, he could leave whenever he pleases, and he doesnt contribute to your living expenses. So I dont see how on earth they could justify you going into a 13 based on a roommates income, he isnt filing or related to you at all. Just fill your income out with just your income, not his.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
      Well, when they go into median family income etc, there is a keyword there. Family.

A roommate really isnt part of your family, he could leave whenever he pleases, and he doesnt contribute to your living expenses. So I dont see how on earth they could justify you going into a 13 based on a roommates income, he isnt filing or related to you at all. Just fill your income out with just your income, not his.
      well he contributes as far as letting me stay there rent free. i only have to buy food. but he pays for his house, cable, water etc. so do i just write my income is zero (aside from ebay/amazon) and that my expenses are only food? i mean sometimes he cooks dinner and i eat it but for the most part i eat on the run. thanks!

Comment

did you hire an attorney?

Comment

no. i don't have the money. i want to file pro se if at all possible.

Comment

It makes no difference, Your income counts. If none say unemployed. If living with friends free say so on papers. Their income doesnt count for anything.
            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Hi Florida,
              Thanks for writing back. So i would just write unemployed and then just put for income any money I have made on ebay/amazon? And for expenses zero out everything except gas and food? And do you happen to know how people prove they haven't been working? I mean anyone could say they are unemployed. I haven't worked in 2 years and have no paystubs obviously but also do not know how to prove that I havent been working. DO they just take your word for it? And one last question (sorry!), since my friend lives in a really wealthy area and has a NICE house and lots of nice furniture/valuables, how do I prove they are not mine? I assume I just put what little belongings I have and that is it but I wonder if they get suspicious when they see that the BK filer is living in. Maybe I am just paranoid??? Thank you so much for any help you can give me!

Comment

I will Send you P message.
                chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

you are paranoid, he is not filing a bk and you are not married or a domestic partner to him, therefore, his things are his own, they cannot go after him for anything.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X