Household Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Household Size

I will be filing in a couple of days. I have worked everything around a Household Size of 4, but my 18-year-old son is now considering joining the Air Force. If he joins, how will this affect my bk? I did not plan on him doing this and I am not 100% sure he will go through with it. Plus, what if he signs up, but then something happens and he doesn't go?

I feel at such a loss. We registered him for summer school, now he wants to drop the class. We have been supporting him and at this point still plan on it. I am worried that half way through the bk he will sign and it will change everything for me.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

yikes

I understand EXACTLY!
    My child told me last week she was moving out in june - The SAME month we are filing BK!! I was a wreck about this too, My attorney reassured me that because they were in the house for the entire 6months prior to filing I would still use her in the Means test for household size
    BUT
    I would not be able to use her on schedule J (expenses looking forward)
    schedule I&J are actual income & expense instead of standard

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I feel a lot better. What's funny is my son doesn't ask too much from us financially. He is pretty low maintenance, a little money for food and clothing once in a while. So, expenses will not decrease that much if and when he leaves.

Comment

We have a similar situation with our son. He moved out a few weeks ago. That is why it's so important that we file in June so he can be included on the 6 month look back. He is just "staying with a friend" and has never lived on his own. His stuff (clothes, bed, etc.) are still at home and his mail still comes to our house. I'm sure he will eventually get his own place but I want to file ASAP so we are completely truthful on the forms.

To the OP, I hope everything works out for you!
        Filed: 8-19-09
        341: 9-21-09
        Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Originally posted by whatsnext View Post
          Thank you for the reply. I feel a lot better. What's funny is my son doesn't ask too much from us financially. He is pretty low maintenance, a little money for food and clothing once in a while. So, expenses will not decrease that much if and when he leaves.
          Mine does not ask for much now ..except car stuff
          but i anticipate her needing assistance much more when she moves
          her paycheck really doesn't provide for what ifs after she pays rent

I pay car and medical insurance.. car repairs
          and now I am guessing about 200/mo to help with gas and food while she figures it out

I don't mind.. i just wish i had the money to do more..

Comment

HEADS ON BEDS!

He was living there the last 6 months
            I do not provide legal advice. All I do here is give my two cents as an opinion and at least share some of the facts that I know. Attorneys can provide legal advice, so go ask them or hire one.

Comment

I have a situation sort of opposite...

WAAAYYY back when during my starter marriage/divorce some of the paperwork wasn't correct and my BK atty is waiting to file until my family law atty has a date/time stamped journal entry showing I can claim my minor son as part of our household(going from 3 to a 4).

However, this is going to push us into a June filing instead of May and will now have to use May income for Means Test. Not sure if this will put us over for a 7(I think we are close), but May was a 5 week pay month, and I did have some O/T the first week of May.

My question is, my oldest son just finished his 2 year college program and is staying with my current wife and I until he gets a job and has enough to strike out on his own, which we hope will be about 3 months. If need be can he now become part of our household since he is living with us at the time of filing? Taking us from a household of 4 to 5.
              Last edited by LTN6571; 05-29-2009, 12:05 PM. Reason: Add info
              CH 7 filed on 6/12/09:cry:
              341 Scheduled on 8/11/09:blink:
              341 Concluded @9:20 8/11/09...Now begins the waiting game.:dry:
              Discharged on 10/14/09:clapping::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X