Big mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big mistake

Ok, so like many of you, when i filed, i was told by my lawyer to change my checking account, since my husband had a credit card through the bank that we were checking at (1200.00 balance on cc), well we did that and i feel we made a HUGE mistake, we have had nothing but BS problems with this new place (we opened it on the day of filing, so they don't know we filed ch 7)...anyways the old bank was wellsfargo and the new one is wings financial credit union.

When is it safe to try and reopen the checking at wells fargo? I just got off the phone with them and they said that the bk should'nt cause a problem with re-opening. i need some advice please.

Hi Mamaof2:

I think the problem may be that you went from a bank to a CU, at least that is the way it looks to me. CUs are typically harder on their members than banks are. I would close that account and go to a different bank, a BANK, not a CU, and open a simple account.

Stay away from Wells Fargo. While I have no experience at all with them, I have read some horror stories here.

Good luck to you~~
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

what kinds of problems is the CU giving you?

i also heard horror stories with wells fargo. there are plenty of banks out there and it's best to stay far away from one that's also a creditor. why risk it?
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

is wells where you banked before? if so, of course they will tell you its ok to reopen your account there so they can grab any money you deposit...

Comment

My mom is a flight attendant and she has an account with Wings. She isn't crazy about it either, mostly for their debit card rules.
          C in GA - Filed Chapter 7 Aug '09
          341 Hearing Oct 8, '09 - DONE

Comment

Find another CU or another big bank. A bank is a bank. I used to LOVE my CU until we defaulted on our loans as well. Most likely we will never get to go back there, but ya know that's OK. A bank is a bank is a bank! It'll never be like it was at the last place. Just keep trying till you find one you like....

Comment

CU's are like Banks, some good and some bad. You just need to find one. Personally I wouldn't go back Wells Fargo until discharge. Don't expect a whole lot since you caused them a loss!

Comment

You did the right thing getting out of Wells Fargo, they would have frozen your account even if you didn't have debt with em

If your current CU is not working out look around town and see if there is another more to your liking
                May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Try US Bank. I also moved my money out of Wells Fargo and my local CU shortly after I decided I would file for BK and stopped paying the debt I owed them.

Comment

Bank of America is nice too... you can open the account completely online.
                    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Go to a different bank. I'd stay away from Wells Fargo until after your discharge.
                      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

We closed our Bank of America account. They started to hold automatic deposits or 5 days after they were supposed to be deposited. We switched to a bank we did not have any loans with and have had no problems. My car loan is with a CU and we must have an account with them. We only have 5 dollars in the account but I do not think they will let us reaffirm. We are filing this week. Best bet is to shop around for a different bank.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X