top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did my County Treasure request Notice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did my County Treasure request Notice?

Anybody have the treasurer of their county put in a notice request on their case? I just saw on pacer that my county treasurer's office put in a notice for information on my case...

1. How did they find out??
    2. I haven't received any personal property tax bills from them...
    3. Why do they care?
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
    Anybody have the treasurer of their county put in a notice request on their case?
    In Florida, they automatically put the Florida Department of Revenue, and your County Tax Collector. This is by design since these folks are almost always impacted. Another automatic notification is to the Internal Revenue Service and the United States Trustee for your region.

1. How did they find out??
    Automatic in many Districts. The appearance and notice is probably from the "legal" arm of the County.

2. I haven't received any personal property tax bills from them...
    However you may owe them for some back taxes.

3. Why do they care?
    See #2
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok, if its a typical automatic thing that makes more sense... I guess I freaked out because I just moved to another county like a week ago. So, I just called them on the phone yesterday and told them I moved...and then today I see that. So, it was just really odd to me.

I realize that I probably owe them a couple months of taxes for my car (I had already paid for the first part of the year) ... but I assumed I would just pay that... does this mean now the taxes I owe them will be IIB? (look at me learning the acronyms).
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

I realize that I probably owe them a couple months of taxes for my car (I had already paid for the first part of the year) ... but I assumed I would just pay that... does this mean now the taxes I owe them will be IIB? (look at me learning the acronyms).
        Taxes owed to a governmental unit are non-dischargeable, unless you challenge the dischargeability. Most people don't challenge the taxes. So, they won't be discharged, and you'll still owe them.

If you check your Creditor (Mailing) Matrix on PACER, you may notice several governmental agencies like the IRS, and your State Tax Collector. They are added automatically.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you... now I won't worry all weekend. ;)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X