If alimony is exempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If alimony is exempt

We filed my papers already....waiting to hear from lawyer cuz my alimony is listed as 1200.00 when it should have been 1300.00....my mistake. Does this even matter if it is exempt???? Do we need to fix this. My monthly income is down to 1747.00 since I lost my job. He said that didn't matter last week.My small retirement from my x went up 22.00 from 425.00 on paper to 447.00...please does this matter??? It's killing me waiting on the Lawyer to call me back.....I could not sleep last night.
    filed June 12,09
    341 July 20,09
    deadline to object Sept 18,09

Don't worry about these small amounts. If it requires an amendment, your Attorney will make the amendment. He may wait until the 341 Meeting to do so, but that's up to him and how he feels. These are not significant amounts.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm pretty sick about this today......I posted something about those credit coun classes on here.This info sheet on BK my Lawyer gave me said about the first class must be pd for by the person. I paid for the first one......the 2nd one my bf paid for .......does this matter....and it does not say the 2nd one had to be paid by me.....is this stupid to ask the Lawyer........?????
      filed June 12,09
      341 July 20,09

Comment

When they say paid for by debtor, that just means that the cost is not included in your attorney fees, or the filing fees. You don't need to worry about who paid for it, so long as you took the course.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Justbroke....my 341 is July 20th....when will the tt contact me for anything?
          filed June 12,09
          341 July 20,09

Comment

Originally posted by denisejohn65 View Post
            Justbroke....my 341 is July 20th....when will the tt contact me for anything?
            Your attorney will only contact you if the Trustee needs something. Otherwise, you just plan to attend the 341 Meeting on 7/20/2009.

Comment

Justbroke......does this change my expenses page? I'm minus 6.02 now.....I lost my job prior to filing...but that is not on the papers.That I lost my job. If this alimony is exempt...does it matter?? I'm afraid I will be left with money over instead of minus....Please answer!!! No call from Lawyer yet.
              filed June 12,09
              341 July 20,09

Comment

I don't know if it even matters cuz I lost my job prior to filing. I lost my job end of May and he filed everything June 12th and I called up there and told them I lost my job and they said didn't matter???It was fine....OMGOSH.....maybe I should go see the Lawyer wednesday
                filed June 12,09
                341 July 20,09

Comment

Please get back to me if you can soon....thank you so very much!!!
                  filed June 12,09
                  341 July 20,09

Comment

I don't think anything matters unless your attorney says he wants to change things, or, after/at your 341 Meeting, the Trustee wants it updated.

Comment

My lawyer keeps saying my alimony is exempt....but it is not on my schedule c property claimed as exempt nor is the retirement.......I think I'm going to have trouble at the 341....I hope he don't mess up things for me....
                      filed June 12,09
                      341 July 20,09

Comment

Why wouldn't you believe him? Alimony gets treated just like income I would imagine. Alimony isn't property... I assume it got calculated into your income numbers right?
                        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

yes...it looks that way.
                          filed June 12,09
                          341 July 20,09

Comment

If I moved in with bf just before filing. You know the sheet that lists all your living expenses? I'm not paying a lot of those now and with the loss of job and just living on the alimony and retirement. How does all this play out for me??
                            filed June 12,09
                            341 July 20,09

Comment

Take a deep breath and relax. You hired an attorney to handle these issues.

Enjoy your holiday weekend with a nice cool Yuengling!

Just feeling a little "DebtMonsterey" this morning!
                              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X