Not signing reaffirmation on cars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not signing reaffirmation on cars...

Would we be better off renting until the dismissal (approximately $800 month) or buying a junk car for under 2K?
    Stopped paying on both cars in February...Filed on May 3rd..

341 on June 10....

After 30 days or no reaffirmation in FL the stay is lifted and Citi fiancial and Bank can repo?

Thoughts...

Drive em till they get picked up...???

then rent a car...We have a pre approval on cars as soon as we can show proof of discharge...

Drive them until they get picked up. Have a plan B, of course, but why give the cars back early? Make sure the cars are empty of all of your personal items. Remember to take the tag off before you give the car to the repo man.

I am assuming you have selected the "surrender" option in your BK. When you surrender, you get to choose a time and place to surrender the vehicle - I did. It makes it much easier.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

so even after a relief of stay is granted (pre341) they still have to arrange the time/location with you?
      Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
      ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

I did not go thru the Relief of Stay in my Bk because I was current with both cars. I originally selected to reaffirm both vehicles, but one of the lenders would not renegotiate the reaffirmation agreement so I changed my Statement of Intentions at the last moment to surrender that vehicle only and then made arrangements with them for a mutual time and place for pick up. I did not want the repo man at my house. YMMV
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
          Drive them until they get picked up. Have a plan B, of course, but why give the cars back early? Make sure the cars are empty of all of your personal items. Remember to take the tag off before you give the car to the repo man.

I am assuming you have selected the "surrender" option in your BK. When you surrender, you get to choose a time and place to surrender the vehicle - I did. It makes it much easier.
          We were not sure if we were going to keep them or not..I have 2 reaffirmations that have been sent..

I think i will budget for Plan b car rental..we are both professionals and need our cars (as most do)
          To go out and buy a junker..just wouldnt be worth the aggravation and what if...

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
            I did not go thru the Relief of Stay in my Bk because I was current with both cars. I originally selected to reaffirm both vehicles, but one of the lenders would not renegotiate the reaffirmation agreement so I changed my Statement of Intentions at the last moment to surrender that vehicle only and then made arrangements with them for a mutual time and place for pick up. I did not want the repo man at my house. YMMV
            How long after you filed did you surrender the vehicles???

Comment

I would drive them until they pick them up. Just don't leave anything valuable in them in case they pick them up while your asleep or something.
              4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
              5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
              7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
              7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BradyFL View Post
                How long after you filed did you surrender the vehicles???
                Kept the car the entire 60 days because I changed my mind on the reaffirmation for the uncoopertive lender later and filed the surrender on day 59! Tried three times to get someone in the Bk dept to work out better arrangements, finally contacted my attorney to change the reaff to surrender, we deliberatly filed it the day before my scheduled discharge. In the meantime I was making arrangements to get another car.
                Filed CH 7 9/30/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X