Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experts on Calif. exemptions?

??

Why would you have to use the same exemptions as your wife, since what she used previously was for a BK that is not related to you? I guess you were already(your" new wife " term confused me a little) married to her when she filed her BK?I know you have the same attorney but why would your separate BK have to be under the same exemption? What was the reason yr attorney gave you for the trustee doing that? Is that because CA is a community property state?Your BK is a Ch 7 or 13? Your wife's?
    Last edited by Proxy; 07-02-2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Yes, we were married in June 2008 and she filed in October on debts unrelated to me. She actually used a different attorney, I did not go to them because they seemed incompetent. As it turns out they were.

My attorney says the Trustee is doing this so he can disallow the 11k I claimed on my wildcard exemption to go towards my unsecured creditors (so he can get a commission of course).

We both filed a ch. 7.

I guess its the law that they have to be under the same exemption...I dont really know. Thats part of the reason I am asking here.

Comment

Bump...anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by cptne33 View Post
          Bump...anyone?
          Whats your case number, and what is the trustee's name?

Comment

Originally posted by California View Post
            Whats your case number, and what is the trustee's name?
            Sorry for the delayed response....the trustees name is Christopher Barclay.

WHy would you need the case #?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X