Bank of America has gone crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of America has gone crazy

Last month, Skank of America lowered my credit limit $3000.00 LOWER than my balance.
    And of course, charging me $39.00 overlimit fee now.

AND . . . they just raised my promotional 3.9% offer that was suppose
    to be good until December 2009 to 27.24% !!!!

And they raised the minimun payment to $700.00.

I can't pay this. These banks are going nuts.

That does not even sound legal. How can they do a 'retroactive' penalty? Only Clinton can tax retro.

I would tell them what to do with their credit card and write directly to the C.E.O. with the card cut into very small pieces taped to a piece of paper. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

If you saved the pamphlet or whatever piece of paper received when the promo was given, you will find in very small print BOA is allowed to increase their rates at any time.

They did this to us last Sept. Mounting medical bills and BOA are the reason we are filing BK.

I read in the paper or online, just this last week, where the Credit Score rating system will possibly change sometime next year. Hoping a major credit card will not be a factor in determining one's credit score. If it plays a role, then we will get a prepaid card that reports your payment and possibly a gas card. We plan on staying current with our mortgage payments and truck payments.

Comment

The credit card companies are doing whatever they can now
        before the "Credit Card Accountability" act takes effect.
        They have 225 days left.
        Capital One did the same thing to me too last month.
        Well I was going to plan on stop paying them in Sept. but
        now, the hell with it, I'm stopping now.

Comment

you can also write to your congressperson or attorney general to complain. maybe they'll at least make the cc accountability act effective immediately.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

This is EXACTLY what caused us to file BK, and not really feel bad for the creditors! Chase did the same thing to us, we had a 25,000 limit, with a 3000 balance, and they lowered it to 2900 when we bought our house and took away the promo. They payment TRIPLED! So basically they lowered it 100 less than the balance! And yep....over the limit fees and all. Ugh.
            I SAVED the original paperwork from when we opened the account, we had opened the account on a balance transfer because I was late (1 day!) on a B of A payment and they yanked my promo rate, so I knew to keep it on this new account and the only reason listed for taking away the promo rate was if I was LATE!
            We went round and round with them, how it could not be legal - and they said "since you kept your paperwork you will also see that the terms can change ay anytime at our discretion".
            I swear I have never wanted to injur someone like I did then!! So I don't feel bad ONE bit if mty debt to them gets discharged!
            Teacher Momma

Comment

And the government keeps bailing these damn banks out too.

Bill Maher says it all when he compares the banks to
              "making loan sharks legal", about 5 minutes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-gyGu1hDos

Comment

Originally posted by KenInNY View Post
                The credit card companies are doing whatever they can now before the "Credit Card Accountability" act takes effect.They have 225 days left.
                Capital One did the same thing to me too last month.
                Well I was going to plan on stop paying them in Sept. but
                now, the hell with it, I'm stopping now.
                So once again we have the opposite effect of the intended consequence of a law put together by our "friends" in Washington.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                  So once again we have the opposite effect of the intended consequence of a law put together by our "friends" in Washington.
                  Watch who you pick as "friends". You have a feeding frenzy of spendaholics in D.C. right now, and while a few are getting rich (Unions, Lobbyists, payback to friends) we will ALL get much poorer when inflation makes our printing press money devalue. If China stops using our money, even the employer of last resort, Walmart, may just fail. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

BOA lowered my limit, but only to $100.00 above my current balance. Guess I should feel special!
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

BOA took a 15K business credit line, and a 25K credit card (both with 0 balances) and closed them with out even sending me a letter. My auto payments that went off my credit card each month were denied and BOA just said sorry. Again these were 4 year old accounts with 0 balances, never a late fee... on the personal side I have a 25K limit dropped to 18K with a 14K balance... just waiting for the day I log in and that card has been cut off. I am working as hard as I can to get everything together for my chapter 7!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary123 View Post
                        Last month, Skank of America lowered my credit limit $3000.00 LOWER than my balance.

If they do that to 10 people with comparable balances and two of them pay, they come out ahead.

10 people paying 4% on $5000 for 5 years = $10k
                        2 people saying 28% on $5000 for 5 years = $14k

See the reasoning now? Not to mention they get to write off the other 8 people as bad debts for a tax reduction. win! win!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary123 View Post

This is exactly what caused our domino effect. First, BOA, then the other cards did the same. This started when the housing market tanked and the banks had to look elsewhere to make up for their mortgage losses. After a couple more payments, we said "enough" and stopped paying them all. Did I mention we had great credit too?

Comment

BoA did it to me, I"m just waiting for Chase. I'm not paying them at all starting then end of this month when the BoA is due. This move took away 99% of my guilty feelings. Scr*w Em! I was trying, but not anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Migal View Post
                              BoA did it to me, I"m just waiting for Chase. I'm not paying them at all starting then end of this month when the BoA is due. This move took away 99% of my guilty feelings. Scr*w Em! I was trying, but not anymore!
                              You should never have felt guilty not sending your $100 payment to a multi-billion dollar bank!
                              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X