top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did you pay on the day of your ch7 file to your attorney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paid in full.. $1800.00 includes everything
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09
    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Originally posted by RainMoM View Post
      paid in full.. $1800.00 includes everything
      Not enough details. How many people? How is it so cheap compared to the $2500 I paid?

Comment

$1350

$1350 out the door that includes the filing fee. I paid for the classes seperately.
        Retained Attorney= 03/13/2009
        Filed No Asset Chapter 7= 03/31/2009
        341 Done= 04/27/2009
        Discharged= 07/16/2009

Comment

$2100 for Chapter 7. I guess it was worth it, or maybe not with all of my post bankruptcy problems, as my lawyer answered every question I had right on the spot through her legal assistant. None of this "She will get back to you". I read other posts and hear horror stories where calls are not returned for days or weeks.
          Last edited by moneytrouble; 07-15-2009, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Yep. Some lawyers just suck. That's why I canceled my other one, but they charged me nearly $1,000 for their time.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
              Yep. Some lawyers just suck. That's why I canceled my other one, but they charged me nearly $1,000 for their time.
              Dude, you thought your attorney was all that because one of his clients kept his car 2 years. well. there was a poster on here last night that hasn't paid his car for 3 years! You got the wrong lawyer!
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                Dude, you thought your attorney was all that because one of his clients kept his car 2 years. well. there was a poster on here last night that hasn't paid his car for 3 years! You got the wrong lawyer!
                I'm using the lawyer who had the car payment-free for 3 years. I don't know if it can happen for me, but if I manage to squeak out 8 to 12 months, that's $2427 to $3709 that I will have extra to use as a down payment on a brand new 2010-something. And that $2000-4000 will be in "addition" to the other money I am trying to save. I need to sock away $1,000 per month for 12 months.

If I don't do this, then I will have to go to Auto Trader for a beater car like a 2004-2005 Kia Spectra or some other cheap car.

Right now I am striving for a brand new car with a HUGE down payment. That's plan A. Plan B is the used Kia or Hyundai route.

I really want to stick with Plan A. Lots of improvements have come in the crash tests on many of the cars. You can see a big difference in the crash tests from a 2004-2005 Toyota Prius to a 2009 one. Same thing with many other cars that were unsafe to get T-boned in or have a head on collision.

I will keep you guys updated. Just remember, if I file in August and make it to January and still have my car without payments all that time, you guys need to be cheering me on as your bankruptcy ring-leader!!

Comment

Our total was $1500 and I paid it all. I did not want anymore debts, we had the money from selling some stuff and I just wanted it done.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
                    Our total was $1500 and I paid it all. I did not want anymore debts, we had the money from selling some stuff and I just wanted it done.
                    You are SOOOO lucky it was so cheap. I know when I go back to finalize the paperwork, this guy is probably going to charge me $1200-1500 ALONE just because I have so many creditors.

I should change my name to "KingBankruptcy". I don't think anyone on this form has as many creditors as I do for their bankruptcy.

Comment

You are SOOOO lucky it was so cheap. I know when I go back to finalize the paperwork, this guy is probably going to charge me $1200-1500 ALONE just because I have so many creditors.

I should change my name to "KingBankruptcy". I don't think anyone on this form has as many creditors as I do for their bankruptcy.
                      well, it's not exactly something to be proud of.
                      filed ch7 May 09
                      341 june 09
                      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                        well, it's not exactly something to be proud of.
                        Maybe not in many places, but on this forum it sure is!

My friends call me DebtMonster... or at least they used to since I don't/can't buy anything any longer.

Comment

Maybe not in many places, but on this forum it sure is!

My friends call me DebtMonster... or at least they used to since I don't/can't buy anything any longer.
                          well, i am on this forum, and in my opinion it's not something to be proud of. not at all.
                          filed ch7 May 09
                          341 june 09
                          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

well, i am on this forum, and in my opinion it's not something to be proud of. not at all.
                            I am so happy about this.

Comment

DebtMonster sees the world through different colored glasses than most people.
                              Last edited by OhioFiler; 07-16-2009, 04:38 AM. Reason: typo
                              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                                DebtMonster sees the world through different colored glasses than most people.
                                Yes, I do. Just keep remembering that in regard to many of my famous posts.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X