top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did you pay on the day of your ch7 file to your attorney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
    Everything is going to a Mailbox Etc.

Let them find it.
    Unless you are living at a Mailbox Etc., you'll be listing your physical address on your petition.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

How are all of you getting it done so cheap and I am sitting here paying $3,000 to this one lawyer alone? And he's not even done yet. I have a friend of mine that tells me, "You just wait. That money you gave is just a 'RETAINER'. He's going to nickel and dime you for much more throughout the case."

Because your attorney is going to make it so you keep your car a month longer than the rest of us. Remember, you get what you pay for so I'm sure you have the best!
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
        Because your attorney is going to make it so you keep your car a month longer than the rest of us. Remember, you get what you pay for so I'm sure you have the best!
        A friend who recommend him insists that is true.

What happens if I keep the car 6 months longer?

Comment

A friend who recommend him insists that is true.

What happens if I keep the car 6 months longer?
          He probably charges you another $3,000.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
            He probably charges you another $3,000.
            He told me that fighting to keep the car would be included in his existing fees and that there would be no additional charge.

Comment

ok, ohiofiler and debtmonster, keep a lid on it! maybe you should just PM each other...
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09
              discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Yeah, but some of the stuff that goes on with me, other people can learn about if they are wondering the same thing about their vehicles. That's why I don't like PMing. There are FLOODS of people who visit this web site each day that don't post messages.

This is a perfect test to see if one can truly keep a car for very long after filing BK. If the test fails, then we will all know that you will truly have to give back your car after the 341.

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                  ok, ohiofiler and debtmonster, keep a lid on it! maybe you should just PM each other...
                  i find the debtmonstor entertaining

Comment

How are all of you getting it done so cheap and I am sitting here paying $3,000 to this one lawyer alone? And he's not even done yet. I have a friend of mine that tells me, "You just wait. That money you gave is just a 'RETAINER'. He's going to nickel and dime you for much more throughout the case."
                    My lawyer is charging me $1100 for a single filer, I'm sure it would be more for a couple filing like you and your wife.

What I don't get, is why your lawyers keeping hitting you up for more money, shouldn't it be a set price to hire them?

Comment

Originally posted by pookieny View Post
                      My lawyer is charging me $1100 for a single filer, I'm sure it would be more for a couple filing like you and your wife.

What I don't get, is why your lawyers keeping hitting you up for more money, shouldn't it be a set price to hire them?
                      It was. The agreed on price was $2000 for $140,000 in unsecured debt (not including my foreclosure and cars.) After they checked my credit reports and data entried all of the long list of nearly 70 people I gave them, the total then came to $156,000. So he said he wanted another $500 for the extra paperwork.

My biggest concern is keeping a car for a long time with no payments so I can save up for a new one. I have found a ton of nice slightly used cars for under $10,000 in AutoTrader. By March of next year I will be able to buy a car for cash!! I am only thinking about financing to improve my credit score after the bankruptcy.

Maybe I can get the car for the 24.99% interest, put $10,000+ down or whatever and try to finance $7,500. Then I'll make payments for a few months and then pay the car off in full just so I can show re-established rebuilt credit. What do you think?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X