HOA fees in FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOA fees in FL

I have read a few different posts on HOA fees in florida and some say yes (anything before filing) and others no its not dischargable. Would be a chapter 7. My HOA has already put a lein on the house and now filing in court. After they file in court and get a judgement against me I can still put them in BK right?

From what I have read, HOA fees can be discharged for the amount due at the date of filing. Anything after the date of filing is nondischargeable and you are responsible for....even if you don't live in the house and/or the bank has not claimed the deed....or something like that.
    Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
    ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

I was wondering the same thing.. Could someone please give more information on this.. From what i understand you can include them in your bk, however, must you pay after your dischared ? and for how long ? Does anyone send you a letter saying you are no longer responsible for the dues ?
      Filed on 7-17-09
      waiting for 341
      341 meeting 8-21-09
      discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

As far as I know, its pretty standard in every state that you are responsible for the HOA fees until the actual name on the deed changes. There was another thread I was reading about people getting the bank to assume part of HOA fees that are outstanding when they assume the property. Its all very grey in what I've tried to discover.

I Have a condo in VA and luckily I talked my renters into paying the HOA fee till it forecloses since they are living there for free.
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X