has anyone done a personal 7 and then a corporate 7 following

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone done a personal 7 and then a corporate 7 following

How long is the corporate? Hoping to end our personal case end of August, only to more than likely start the corporate one.

Why would you ever do a corporate 7 if you've already done a personal one?

Any liability you have for the corporation's debts have been discharged. Let the corporation's creditors do what they will to the corporation -- they can't touch you. I wouldn't waste the money.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

well...

Filed on a personal guarantee and now the same lender to going after our c - corp company for the debt in excess of 1 million and our registered copyrights. Lender claims corporation gave a guaranty. What do you think?

Comment

You need to provide some additional information, is this corporation still viable and operating? What is its net worth?

I am assuming that if you filed Chapter 7 and you still own the corporation than the corporation has very little or no value, correct? Otherwise the bankruptcy estate would have gotten the corporation as an asset. I am also assuming that since you are looking at a chapter 7 that there is no value in the corporation.

As the first reply stated let them go after the corporation which there should be nothing for them to get.

Comment

it is essentially a consulting business / with registered copyrights in software which affords certain perfection requirements under intellectual property/ bankruptcy law. We believe the lender to be have an unperfected lien in the registered copyrights. We are hoping to try to purchase them back from the estate to use in the future and not worry about future claims. The business is viable but we believe it will only continue to be with us run for using the copyrights. The reason being is because we have the industry knowledge and the techincal skills to maintain the vertical market software. We aren't keen on having a reciever appointed and working as the bank's slave to fulfill the million judgement. We welcome everyones opinions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X