341 Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today

We were no. 83 of 85 of the afternoon court calendar. We arrived 2 hours early and just listened to the different cases. Our trustee was very casual and you could tell he was a beach cities kind of guy in like a laid back kind of shirt. UST was there for one case that they were filing a motion for fraud and identity theft on someone that had actually filed BK on a fake SSN; go figure!

There was an attorney both at the 2:00 and 3:00 call that was a mill attorney and she was running back and forth from the Chapter 7 and the Chapter 13 341 room. By the 3:00 hour she was representing folks that didn't speak much English and she was not prepared. The trustee was starting to get really irritated with her and I was starting to get nervous. My attorney was going over a few things again with me, but I was thinking OH MAN he's getting cranky!

We moved towards the front of the room and when he called us, it was like 32 seconds, state your name, your address, have your read your petition, is this all of your debts, is this all of your assets. Here is your tax return and your I.D. Thank you.

That was it! All that stress and we were done in like 30 seconds. Thanks to all of you for posting prior to us!!!
    Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
    341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
    Discharged: 11/30/2009
    Closed: 12/16/2009

Congrats !! I know you must feel much better. Good luck with the next 60 days!
    Down but not out!! filed c7 august 2011...341 september 2011... Unsecured debt over $100k.....bk attorney $1200.......bkforum.com Priceless!!!!!

Comment

Congrats

Was your atty the one we spoke about? That is incredible, no other questions? That is awesome. You have been such a help to me, can you send some of those good vibes my way. I am filing next week. Still nervous, but feeling better after reading your post.
      beginning of debt cycle 1984
      filed oct 29, 2009
      341 nov 25, 2009
      April 8, 2010: CONFIRMATION

Comment

Congrats!!!

This time next week we will be done with our 341 too (Wednesday). I'm a nervous wreck though so I hope I can make it thru ok
        Filed 8/2009
        Discharged & Closed 11/2009
        Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

Congrats on the quick and easy 341!!!

I hope the 60 days progresses smoothly for you and it will all be over soon.
          8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
          11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Crozier-Yes that was my attorney. He was great. He went over stuff with us bethe night before on the phones and then he was there early and listened to some of the previous cases before us as we did. Then we went over a few other things just to be prepared in case. He's awesome and beyond the fact that I have known him [PHP]for many years, I really felt like he had my back.

He knew who the person was from the UST's office, who was a paralegal not an attorney. Also there was one creditor rep there who he knew, so if the guy would have had anything for us, he could have handled it. It pays to have an attorney that is experienced and is familiar with the local courts.

The attorney that was the "mill" attorney apparently advertises on So. Cal. T.V. late at night (I've never seen it) but she really didn't know what was going on with the cases and I felt bad for the people because the TT was getting really ticked off because it was their 2nd time back for some and they didn't really understand.

When he called us up, I was ready for anything but still freaked out. It was over so fast I must have looked dumbfounded. Thank God!!
            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
            Discharged: 11/30/2009
            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Congrats on an easy meeting & being in the 60 day club.
              07/10/09 Filed Chapter 7
              08/10/09 341
              10/16/09 Discharged
              02/01/10 Closed

Comment

Another congrats that your 341 went so smoothly. I hope the same thing happens with ours. We are signing final papers tomorrow with our attorney and I am more nervous about it than I thought I would be. Can't wait to join that 60 day club!
                Filed: 8-19-09
                341: 9-21-09
                Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X