341 tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow...

Ugh. Wish us luck. I've got huge stacks of paperwork that I probably won't need but just want to be doubly sure. Our lawyer is out of town so we have a sub. Our lawyer is confident our case is a no-brainer, keeps telling us not to worry, etc...but you know....

I'll post back on how it went. 10 AM, we're in the Western Washington District (southwest WA specifically) for anyone else who may be in the area...
    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
    341 Meeting 09/09/09
    Discharged 11/12/09
    Closed 12/14/09

Good luck!
    ours is this Friday and Im scared chitless...our lawyer told us its an easy case and we should not worry about anything..and everything I have read and been told tells us not to sweat it but I cant help but be nervous. please post your experience once it is over! good luck!!!
    07/31/09 Filed Chapter 7
    09/11/09 341 Meeting{341 complete. that was easy!}
    waiting for discharge

Comment

Thanks Mr. James, I will. This forum has been an immense help.
      341 Meeting 09/09/09
      Discharged 11/12/09
      Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Hey good luck with your 341! Mine is just days from now My stomach is already in knots even though my attorney and his assistants said nothing to worry about, they even used the calm down gesture. Anyway, please let us know how your 341 went.
        Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
        Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Thanks forumreader. I'll check in with you folks later...
          341 Meeting 09/09/09
          Discharged 11/12/09
          Closed 12/14/09

Comment

mines a week from now and im nervous too

Comment

Originally posted by killinstinct View Post
              Thanks forumreader. I'll check in with you folks later...
              I am sending positive vibes your way killinstinct!
              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Thanks. You guys rock. I don't know what I would have done without this forum.
                341 Meeting 09/09/09
                Discharged 11/12/09
                Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Good luck with your 341! Mine is in two weeks and I, too, am taking a truckload of paperwork with me. Probably won't need it but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. If you know what I mean!
                  Stopped paying CC...April 2009
                  Filed CH 7 no-asset...Aug. 19, 2009
                  341 meeting...Sept. 22, 2009
                  DISCHARGED Nov. 24, 2009 CLOSED Dec. 9, 2009

Comment

Thanks debtBgone. I know exactly what you mean. I'm the same way. I'm going through it one last time, figuring out where we need to go tomorrow morning, then going to try and go to bed. I'll post the results tomorrow....
                    341 Meeting 09/09/09
                    Discharged 11/12/09
                    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

I'm getting to this a little late, but good luck today! I'm sure you'll do fine!

~JAG
                      Chapter 7 - Pro Se
                      Filed: 08/10/09 --- 341 Meeting: 09/08/09
                      Last Day for Objections: 11/09/09
                      Discharged and Closed: 11/12/09

Comment

Just wanted to send some positive vibes the OP's way in case they haven't had their hearing yet. We are scheduled for the 21st and I have never wanted a date to come and get gone so fast in my life! OP let us know how things went when you get settled okay?
                        Filed: 8-19-09
                        341: 9-21-09
                        Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

This is funny.

We had our hearing at 10, showed up around 9:40 or so. I had just got my wife calmed down and told her that I would answer all questions, she would just have to tell the trustee that it was accurate, or whatever (I've 'managed' our finances, so she doesn't have much info. ha). We go through security (standard courthouse security, metal detector, etc.) and they ask where we're going, have to show ID. They ask who our atty is and we tell them, very friendly. Tell us he's a bastard for being on vacation in Austrailia, Guam, etc. (good business for BK atty's these days). We laugh and talk a bit then go upstairs.

JUST in time to hear the UST and GRILLING some Ukrainian couple about their assets. (They were OBVIOUSLY hiding something and lying through their teeth). He's practically yelling at them "these documents appear fraudulent", "we'll have some investigators contact you", etc. And they're smiling from ear to ear. I'm telling you these people were up to something and it was OBVIOUS. My wife then FREAKS out after I've just tried to calm her down and demands I call our atty's office....

One of the other atty's was kind enough to point out our 'sub' attorney. He was rad. Totally cool, laid back. We spoke to him briefly in the hallway and he told us there were no questions, flags, etc. and everything should be straightforward. He then proceeds to make small talk about my wife's tattoos (we're kind of rock and roll).

At 10, we're the FIRST case called (I had a feeling we would be). The TT had nothing but the standard questions. He looked at our ID's, SS cards and verified we were who we said we were. He asked:

Address?
                          Asked if we moved recently (we hadn't, we had a P.O. box on our petition that was being used as our mailing address, seemed to clear up that question).
                          Did you read the info sheet from the US Trustee's office? (yes)
                          Did you review your petition before you signed it? (yes)
                          Anything you would like to change in your petition? (no)
                          Do you expect any inheritance in the next 180 days? (no). If you do recieve anything, please notify your atty. (yes sir).
                          Does anyone owe you any money? Do you have any pending personal injury claims? (no)
                          Have you paid more than $600 to any creditors in last three months? (yes- my car, TT wasn't interested in that though, he said he meant only unsecured creditors).
                          You are surrendering your house (yes)?
                          Do you still have keys (yes)?
                          Did you have it listed for sale prior to filing (yes)?
                          Who was your agent? (answered)
                          I will have my real estate agent contact you, what is your phone number (gave it to him).
                          Are there any creditors here? (no answer).
                          Thank you. Our sub attorney then wished us luck and told us we were done. Said our atty would contact us once back in town if anything came up.

Piece of cake. Apparently the only thing that may delay our discharge is that the TT wants to try and sell our house. Good luck with that, be my guest!

One last thing that made it amusing...somewhere in the middle of our testimony the TT got an irritated look on his face and began tapping his pencil loudly on the table (not so subtle hint). He then LOUDLY announced to the room that 'people' needed to take their 'discussions' outside. This didn't appear to appease him and he got even more testy, saying "go outside", then "THAT MEANS YOU!!!" to one older attorney in general. I felt bad for the guy as he was older and probably deaf. The even funnier thing is that it was the FIRST BK attorney I talked to that orignially tried to tell me to file 13 or 'work it out' with my creditors. Geez, nice guy but I'm SURE GLAD I didn't go with him!! Ha ha!!!

Then the wife and I had bloody marys and breakfast to calm down and celebrate. Yay! What a freaking adventure that was.!!!!

To those of you with 341 coming up....don't worry. As long as you're honest and being straight up, NOTHING to concern yourself over!!!
                          341 Meeting 09/09/09
                          Discharged 11/12/09
                          Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the update, that is very reassuring to many of us with 341's coming up, I am sure!

I did pay $990.00 in the last three months to an unsecured creditor, but not an "insider". The attorney assured me that all that would happen is the trustee can choose to go back to the creditor (not me) to distribute that money among my creditors. He said it would not even delay my closing.

I hope my 341 goes as smoothly as yours!
                            Filed: 9/9/2009
                            341: 10/13, went well!
                            Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

Yes leena, like our house, that really has nothing to do with you. The TT is just trying to 'even the playing field' amongst your creditors and make sure everyone gets an equal share...you'll be fine.

As good as this forum can be, I would encourage you to take your atty's advice over ALL.....
                              341 Meeting 09/09/09
                              Discharged 11/12/09
                              Closed 12/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X