Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car was repoed last night..

Good morning everyone...

So last night around 11:30 my husband woke me up to let me know the tow man was outside hooking my car up. I ran outside and he let me get anything that was left in the car. I guess that was pretty nice of him..

My lawyer called me yesterday so we could complete the paperwork and tommorow I am suppose to sign everything so he can file. Does this change anything since the car has been taken before I have filed? Will it show as a repo and bankruptcy on my credit report?

I cannot believe how fast the credit union moved on taking my car. I will be so happy when this roller coaster ride is over with.

9/18/09- paid lawyer in full for filing fee

Were you planning on surrendering your car?

Our truck was repo'ed than 2 days later we filed and we picked up the truck and kept it until we converted and surrendered...

Call you lawyer if you want to keep it...
    chpt 13 11/25/08 converted 7/7/09 to a 7. No assests and surrendered vehicles...
    9/2009 Scores 515-565 & working up from here...10/9 they havent budged yet....why does our puppy & bk lawyer have the same name...lol Discharged 10/28/09 now the real work begins

Comment

No I was not planning on keeping it but I was not planning on giving it up until I had to. I sent my lawyer an email this morning so hopefully he will call me soon. I just don't want a repo on my credit and a bankruptcy and I didnt know if the lawyer will charge more money now since the car was taken.

I wished we would of moved faster with the filing but I guess all this takes time..

Comment

I would contact your lawyer...
        chpt 13 11/25/08 converted 7/7/09 to a 7. No assests and surrendered vehicles...
        9/2009 Scores 515-565 & working up from here...10/9 they havent budged yet....why does our puppy & bk lawyer have the same name...lol Discharged 10/28/09 now the real work begins

Comment

Definitely contact your lawyer. I co-signed for a car for my son and the repo guy came to pick it up a little less than a week before we filed. We told him what our intentions were and since the car was not in the drive at the time anyway, he said that he would not bother to come back and look for it as they would just make him return it when we filed. Of course, your mileage may vary but that's what he told us.
          Filed: 8-19-09
          341: 9-21-09
          Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Yeah, you can probably get it back if you want to. It's possible that could be more trouble then it's worth though. CUs are a notorious PITA.
            No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

How long had you not make payments on it?

Comment

Ive only missed two payments but there are two other accounts with the credit union. One account I have missed three payments and the other one I think only two. They are using my car a cross collarteral (sp?). I called the lawyer and spoke with the paralegal. She said she was typing my papers up and she would let the lawyer know what happened. I also sent him an email so hopefully he will get back to me. It's not that big of a deal but I would of liked to keep it a little longer. I am driving my husbands car and he is driving his work car so I guess it could of been worse.. I could of had no car at all.. This whole process is draining and I guess I will be better once I am actually filed.

You guys are great cause without you I dont know what I would do when things happen. My husband is not exactly supportive and not very knowledgeable at all when it comes to the whole bankruptcy thing.

thanks everyone..

Comment

you can mark that you are going to reaffirm the car on your petition and then change your mind at any point and surrender or redeem the vehicle, I would certainly get it back and make them file a motion for relief from stay, then it would not be marked as a repo and you could get a couple months of free driving out of it... GOOD Luck
                  Chapter 7 filed: 07/30/2009 PRO-SE
                  341 scheduled: 09/11/2009
                  Discharged: 11/13/2009

Comment

Brandy, I'm so sorry....I've been through a repo myself (actually it was my daughter's car) and payments were up to date, but was repo'd anyway because they credit union reserved their right to "cross collateralize" as we had two large visas we stopped paying since they were going to be included in our BK. It was the worst experience ever....

Comment

Originally posted by freedom7 View Post
                      .....then it would not be marked as a repo and you could get a couple months of free driving out of it... GOOD Luck
                      Good point.
                      No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

Thanks for yet another thread that reminds me to stay away from CU's!
                        Sorry to hear about the repo-that had to be tough.
                        Filed: 9/9/2009
                        341: 10/13, went well!
                        Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

A repossession doesn't hurt your credit any more than any other account included in bankruptcy. The account will eventually be IIB as status where it will remain for 7 years unless you successfully challenge it and they fail to verify it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X