top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 Completed....What an adrenalin rush!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Completed....What an adrenalin rush!!!

Not fun like a roller coaster at Cedar Point, but a rush all the same. We got to listen to a few people before ours, I was expecting a roomfull of people, but I only saw a few. A representative from my lawyers office showed and obviously had ZERO knowledge on BK law or practice as he could not answer any questions. No problem, I said, I have the BK Forum to lean on and get correct answers.

My DW was just as calm as can be.....me....forget it, I wasted so much energy and emotion for an easy and pretty simple meeting. Oh well, it's over.

It is very standard at first, take an oath, state your name and address, and get asked the required questions, simply answering yes or no. The fun began when I was asked about the transfer of my daughters car to her, easy smeasy, I provided the cancelled check from my daughters account and on to the next item. Are you reaffirming on your home...yes, your 2004 Dodge truck...yes.

All in all pretty easy but we are required to provide our 2009 tax return to her, she said I was on the fence for my exemptions to cover my return since I got back so much last year. She told me we would be discharged but not closed until she saw our tax return and made a determination. I really hope she is honest about this.

She asked how long we have had these debts and how it came about. I responded short and sweet, we were charging our living expenses. She responded "the numbers just didn't add up at the end of the month" I responded yes.

She did inquire about my daughters, one away at college and one living home, going to college and working. She asked where she worked??? Not sure why.

I hope that's it, I am praying that I AM a member of the 60 day club. Not sure if I can continue this emtional roller coaster...I am way to serious and worrysome to have to continue this for months on end.

Congratulations. It'll all be over soon.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by dspii View Post
      She asked where she worked??? Not sure why.
      Trustees are people too, he/she was probably just making small talk, parents are proud of what their kids do, so they gave you an opportunity to brag on your kid.
      I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Comment

From one anxiety-ridden filer to another... sounds like you did great and can now carve "60 Day Club" on your worry beads. Congratulations!

Comment

Sounds like it went well. Aren't you glad that part is over? I know I was. I was a nervous wreck for weeks! Congrats!
          Filed Ch 7 July 23, 2009
          341 over September 21, 2009
          Discharged November 23, 2009 (received papers November 27, 2009)

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X