Best way to find a good BK attorney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to find a good BK attorney?

I don't know anyone who has filed BK. I don't know who the good attorneys are, how can I find out who the BK superstar attorneys are in my area?

Also, I have heard that BK attorneys is a good ol boys club, and if you have an attorney who is in the "club" its much better, since the attorneys trade off places as trustees and representing debtors, is this true? (florida)

I just want to hire the best attorney possible.........

Referral and interview are the best ways.

Stay away from a BK Mill if you have any complexity at all in your case. Over median, or small business involved, or large debt are a few complexities that come to mind. There are probably people you know that have filed, but did not tell you they have filed. You might visit the Trustee office and look at the posted list outside the door in the antiroom area to see who the players/attorney's are and then search those names as a starter list. Your best way is to interview the attorney to make sure they will do what you need to have done in your particular filing.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by signal View Post
      Also, I have heard that BK attorneys is a good ol boys club, and if you have an attorney who is in the "club" its much better, since the attorneys trade off places as trustees and representing debtors, is this true? (florida)
      We are a tight knit bunch here in PAED, I haven't been a trustee yet, but I'm probably next one up in the Pez Dispenser, at least for Chapter 7. The Chapter 13 trustee is a more official type deal.

I'd be happy to put you in touch with a lawyer in Florida who does bankruptcy work. PM me and I can get you information in a day or two. The thing is you don't know me from Adam, which is exactly how you are with any other attorney.

Go in with the idea of interviewing the attorney. Find out how long they have been practicing etc. and ask a lot of questions.
      I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X