Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 was....

A BREEZE! WOW!

We had our meeting in Toledo today @ 2:30. We just got home after making a day of it and the Trustee has filed her report of no distribution, requested to be released as trustee of our case! Woo hoo!

60 day club here we come!!!

congrats!! ours was 9/30 and we were so nervous, but like most 341s it was very uneventful as well. Welcome to the 60 day club

Comment

Congratulations, Bkd! Bet you'll get a great night's sleep tonight!

Comment

It is SOOO cool that you addressed all of us upon your return. You're not happy are you? LOLOL. That is great. Now that you have experience, please help us, those who went before you, help those who are just terrified of 341. Grats to you and yours. Mrs. and 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

WhooHoooo!!! Welcome to the 60 day club!!
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congratulations!
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congrat's to you guys Question though, when you fill out the petition and have the pre 341 telephone conference call with the trustee prior to the actual 341 do the creditors get notified of the verdict after the trustee speaks to you? I mean, maybe the creditors are then aware that you have nothing and don't show to the meeting for this apparent reason. Maybe it's just my mind boggling
              9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
              11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
              01/04/2010 - last day for objections
              01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNdebt View Post
                Congrat's to you guys Question though, when you fill out the petition and have the pre 341 telephone conference call with the trustee prior to the actual 341 do the creditors get notified of the verdict after the trustee speaks to you? I mean, maybe the creditors are then aware that you have nothing and don't show to the meeting for this apparent reason. Maybe it's just my mind boggling
                We did not have have pre-341 conference with the Trustee. Sounds like that's something done in busier districts.

As far as the verdict is concerned, based upon mine and others experience, there is no verdict "per say".

The trustee will make a report into the docket that shows up on PACER.

If a creditor wishes to contest part or all of a debt getting discharged they have until 60 day's after the 341. Also the UST has until 10 days post 341 to decide weather they're going to have a closer look---very rare.

It's not until after the case is discharged are creditors notified that the debt is discharged and may no longer be legally collected.

Here is the redacted version of our Trustee's report as entered in PACER 10/22/2009 (Broken into paragraphs for easier reading):
                Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, [NAME REDACTED], having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s),

report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate;

and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law.

Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered.
                I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Meeting of creditors held and concluded.

Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 2 months.

Assets Abandoned: $ 63581.48, Assets Exempt: $ 33597.34, Claims Scheduled: $ 194990.40, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment: $ 194990.40. ([NAME REDACTED]) (Entered: 10/22/2009)

Comment

I'm glad to hear your TT was prompt with the report, now you only have the 60 days to wait for any objections, doubtful any will happen.

Question, who was your TT? Mine was Patti Navak, she was pretty nice, but jumped all over my tax refunds, stinks but considering the alternative, I'm OK with it. I was so hoping for the Report of No Distribution, but no dice. I have heard some stories of very tough TT's here in Toledo, but considering the case load and the stories of dispare here in NW Ohio, I think they are taking it easy on troubled families. A sign of the times.

Good luck!

Comment

Congratulations!
                    Filed: 9/9/2009
                    341: 10/13, went well!
                    Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

I went to my 341 meeting today went well, I was so nervous, The trustee didnt say anything about my reafirmation. Will receive something later

Comment

i had mine too...

Comment

Congratulations!
                          4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                          5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                          7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                          7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dspii View Post
                            I'm glad to hear your TT was prompt with the report, now you only have the 60 days to wait for any objections, doubtful any will happen.

Question, who was your TT? Mine was Patti Navak, she was pretty nice, but jumped all over my tax refunds, stinks but considering the alternative, I'm OK with it. I was so hoping for the Report of No Distribution, but no dice. I have heard some stories of very tough TT's here in Toledo, but considering the case load and the stories of dispare here in NW Ohio, I think they are taking it easy on troubled families. A sign of the times.

Good luck!
                            Ericka S Parker, she seemed nice to us, but uh well not so nice to the person that was before us. Seems he decided it would be a good Idea withdraw from all his retirement accounts at the end of last year, had $30,000 left over and lived on. Never put it into a bank, claimed he didn't trust them since over 80 had been closed this year (of course all of those banks held bad construction loans) and said he only had a little over $1,000 left over.

Could this have been Patti Novak (not Navak?) if so that was our atty lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BKdinOhio View Post
                              Ericka S Parker, she seemed nice to us, but uh well not so nice to the person that was before us. Seems he decided it would be a good Idea withdraw from all his retirement accounts at the end of last year, had $30,000 left over and lived on. Never put it into a bank, claimed he didn't trust them since over 80 had been closed this year (of course all of those banks held bad construction loans) and said he only had a little over $1,000 left over.

Could this have been Patti Novak (not Navak?) if so that was our atty lol.
                              Yep...that was her, after I joined this forum, I actually learned (too late) that the TT's are practicing lawyers. Had I known, I would have been interviewing them and not the yellow pages. It's such a private thing, I couldn't ask family and friends. I can't complain though, she will get most of my 2009 taxes, but I will gladly trade it for the 85k+ that I am trying to get discharged. I can honestly say she was fair and professional, you selected wisely!

All in all the BK process for my family has gone well, it is nothing like the stigma the public attaches to it. The really scary part is, now that I am cash only, I am so broke after paying for the necessities that I know I was the perfect example for BK. I was living on my cc's and would never have a chance to get ahead, much less retire in 25 years.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X