341 Hearing Phoenix, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Hearing Phoenix, AZ

We attended our 341 Hearing this month in Phoenix. I decided to post this as a way to give back to the forum that has helped me. Some think it is too long and no one will read it, but that does not matter to me...

The building is located on the S/W corner of 1st Ave and Van Buren St. The public entrance faces 1st Ave. Security personnel will screen you like they do at the airport, but you can keep your shoes on.

PARKING:
    Meters are located on the street. There is a small pay and park lot behind the building (West side), and a multi-story parking garage on the south side of Van Buren, maybe 50 yards east of 1st Ave. This is where we parked and the cost is $1.00 each 20 minutes up to $12 dollars. The spots seemd a little small to me.

THE WAITING:
    #1...the restrooms are located just past security on the left side of the lobby. The waiting area is located on the right. You enter a smallish room with some chairs. There are two hearing rooms, one on each side of the waiting room. You will also find a print out containing your name, assigned hearing room (A or B), and the time of your hearing.

We arrived 20 minutes before our hearing and there were about a dozen people waiting.

CLOTHES:
    I wore the dress shirt/slacks, no tie thing, my wife wore a slacks/ blouse/sweater outfit. The rest of the attire in the room ranged from shorts/t-shirts, to polo shirts/jeans to business.

THE HEARING:
    Our group was called in at the scheduled time. All six of us plus 2 attorneys, and what turned out to be a creditor went in together.

The room was small with chairs on one side and the Trustee table on the other. A clerk sat next to the Trustee, and both had computers in front of them. There was another table next to the Trustee for the debtor and attorney to sit, and a podium for the creditor to use.

We were called up in alphabetical order starting with the attorney last names, then thoes without attorneys.

We were called up to the table and presented our driver's license and SS cards. We sat at the table and the Trustee asked us to raise our right hand, then administered an oath. Then he reviewed his computer and asked these questions:

QUESTIONS:
    What is your full name? What is your current phone number? Did you read the schedules that were submitted? Did you list all of your assets? Did you list all of your creditors? Did you know that signing the schedule was the same as saying "yes" to the oath I just read? Have you filed bankruptcy within the past 8 years? How long have you lived in Arizona? My wife was asked to give her full name, and then if any of her answers to the questions he asked me, would be different than mine. He then asked if there were any creditors present for us.....that was it. He thanked us and stated that we were dismissed (we could leave).

CREDITORS:
    None of ours showed up. The one who showed for someone else, went up to the podium when the person he was there for was called up. He introduced himself but did not say anything to the Trustee after that. He just stood there.

Good luck to all.

hammy

Thank you. My turn to head there in a couple months.

Comment

Thanks for this!!!! I file next wendesday so I will be there soon.

Comment

Thank you for this...

Comment

No problem...I can also add that both of the Trustees seemed very nice and understanding (I could hear the other Trustee from the waiting room).

Rather than post additional info that no one may want, you could just post them in this thread and I will do my best.

I am glad this has helped a few folks...I feel good now.

hammy

Comment

I went there, too for my 341. Did they mention anything about your 2009 tax return? Also, I think locally, the discharge is 90 days after the 341. Did you hear anything about that? I guess it's 90 days in AZ instead of the usual 60 day discharge.
            Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

CCsAreEvil:

Nothing was said about our 2009 return, but all of our paperwork says we have to turn it over to them.

Our paperwork also shows a 60-day discharge date. I have not heard about a discharge going beyond that unless there was a problem.

We are trying to do a loan mod with GMAC right now. They have responded to our first letter, and have also communicated to us that they are attempting to lift the stay. I appears everything for our BK is flowing along the "normal" time line.
              Last edited by hammyaz; 11-15-2009, 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Can anyone who filed in Phoenix tell me how long it took youto have the 341 scheduled after the filing date?
                Thank you!

Comment

Well, if you look at my sig, it looks like about 35 days or so. From the time you file (my atty did electronically), just took a day or two for the actual date to show up.
                  Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

30 days from filing to 341. 60 days from 341 to discharge. I filed in early August and received my discharge last week in Phoenix.

Comment

In Phoenix we filed 9/2, had our 341 on 10/9 and last day for objections is 12/9 (today!) will be checking Pacer frantically for that discharge

Comment

Hearing

dakota112, it was about 2 weeks after the file date when we received the notice of the scheduled hearing, which was going to happen about 2 1/2 weeks after that. We filed in Oct 2009 and had the hearing in Nov 2009.

hammyaz

Comment

Well, I filed 8/31, 341 was on 10/5, last day for objections was 12/4....

and as of today.....still no discharge showing on pacer.

Does anyone know for sure about discharge taking as long as 90 days????
                          Moving ahead with my fresh start!
                          Ch 7 Discharge: 12/14/2009
                          TT Report of No Dist! 03/31/2010
                          Case CLOSED!!!: 04/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X