2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions

I have 2 quick questions. My lawyer was suppose to file our bankruptcy papers on Saturday but I looked on Pacer and can not find them. Would they show up on pacer already?

2. My federal tax refund was $750 but once H&R block takes out there cut I will only get about $100. Since the refund has not come in yet, will the trustee realize my return is $100 and now $750?

Thanks

1. Do you have a case number for your BK? Our attorney provided a case number as soon as he filed.

2. Did your attorney exempt your refund? How does H&R Block get $650 from your refund? Do they charge that much to do your taxes?
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Originally posted by LimpDisc View Post
      1. Do you have a case number for your BK? Our attorney provided a case number as soon as he filed.

2. How does H&R Block get $650 from your refund? Do they charge that much to do your taxes?
      I had a really complex return that did cost $650. Had to file state taxes in 3 states, rental properties, and a bunch of other stuff. My lawyer said he would e-mail me a case number sometime this week but I was concerned perhaps it did not get filed since I looked on Pacer and couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinnola View Post
        I had a really complex return that did cost $650. Had to file state taxes in 3 states, rental properties, and a bunch of other stuff. My lawyer said he would e-mail me a case number sometime this week but I was concerned perhaps it did not get filed since I looked on Pacer and couldn't find it.
        That would explain the charge for doing your taxes. I have done mine for years now and didn't know they charged that much.

Maybe he didn't get it filed. You should be able to find it searching by your name.
        Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
        "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

I'm in the wrong business!

I don't believe you can file bankruptcy on a Saturday.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I don't think you can file on Saturday either. I'd call him just to see if it actually got filed.

H&R block is a seriously expensive joke. We quit using them after they charged us $350 to do our return. The only complex thing about it was dh had 1 little 1099 where he worked as independent contractor. They got an arm and leg for that.
            4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
            5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
            7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
            7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

My 2008 return was 100+ pages long with all the schedules and didn't cost that much. No wonder I'm broke. I should have been doing tax returns....
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X