Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeshare Question

deleted
    Last edited by lostinnola; 04-12-2010, 05:39 PM.

People file BK because they can't afford to pay their debt. Buying a timeshare will look very poorly imo. I would think the Trustee would tear you a new one. But thats just my opinion.

Comment

Definitely buying a timeshare right before filing for bankruptcy would not be looked upon well by a bankruptcy trustee. If you cannot afford to pay your creditors, the last thing that the trustee should see you attempting to buy is a luxury vacation timeshare. Timeshares in most instances have to be surrendered in bankruptcy where payment is still due on the timeshare.
      deleted by moderator

Comment

The best way to go with a timeshare is to save up your money and buy a used one in CASH. We spent nearly $15k on our timeshare (including interest). We could get the same timeshare on ebay for around $600 after paying all fees! EXACT same timeshare with the exact same benefits. It's value is listed on our schedule b at $100!

I think the OP is nearing discharge, so wait until you've discharged, and buy one off of ebay with cash if you want to.

GL!
        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X