Yet another question about PACER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another question about PACER

All, yesterday I registered on PACER. Yesterday was also the day my attorney's office was supposed to file my chapter 7 petition. I called the office first in the morning and was told to call by 5:00 and they should have it filed by then. I called back a little after 5:00 and she said it was going to get filed by morning (today) and to call in the morning for my case number. What the heck is going on? It is very important to get this filed in May and I'm getting pretty tired of calling to get my case number. I did check PACER and nothing was there as of 7:30 this morning. Can someone tell me if this is normal? Normal in the fact that they said it would be filed in 24-48 hours after our signing and yet they have yet to do so? Also, when checking PACER do I have to include the name and social security #'s of both my husband and I if we are filing jointly? Thanks for your input!
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Update: Just tried calling for the 3rd time and was told to call back after 12:00 this afternoon...This is making me mad. I mean is this even normal? Why would they be giving me the runaround on this? This really makes me think something is not right. Can someone please speak up and tell me if this is something that happens normally???
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ann View Post
      Update: Just tried calling for the 3rd time and was told to call back after 12:00 this afternoon...This is making me mad. I mean is this even normal? Why would they be giving me the runaround on this? This really makes me think something is not right. Can someone please speak up and tell me if this is something that happens normally???
      It's been talked about here from others. I think it is because the attorneys like to file several petitions at once, so that the 341 meetings are scheduled for the same day. (It is easier on their "in court" schedules)
      Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
      I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

The same thing happened to us and part of it was that our attorney was trying to file a group of his clients all together and it must've gotten a bit complicated because it did take a long time for it all to get set up. The other part of it though was that our attorney did not want to file any of us if it was going to be a certain trustee. So that added even more time. But in the long run I think he did it all this way for our (and the other filers) benefit. Try to be patient, I bet there is a method to the madness.
        Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
        341 June 1st, 2010
        Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
        Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ann View Post
          Also, when checking PACER do I have to include the name and social security #'s of both my husband and I if we are filing jointly? Thanks for your input!
          You can use just your name or just your husbands. Or either of your soc's. You don't have to use both.
          Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
          341 June 1st, 2010
          Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
          Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

I think they were a bit premature in saying you would be filed 24-48 hours after you signed the paperwork. I think mine was closer to a week between bringing in the signed paperwork until it was actually filed. Also my attorney did have a another client with a 341 right before mine so scheduling can be an issue.

Comment

Our paperwork was signed on Monday and it wasn't filed until Thursday. Thank God it went on that day though because we got paid on Friday and had way too much money hit our account.
              attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
              no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
              341, 05/10/2010
              discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

If lawyers don't get paid until you file, imagine how fast they would do it...so don't be surprised if they take a while. They've already got your money.
                Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X