Is it possible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible...

To get a loan modification while you are in the middle of a chapter 7? Our meeting isnt until August 3.

Not really, (although it is debatable), the automatic stay of the BK (the law that prevents creditors from contacting you, trying to collect, etc, that goes into affect when you file BK) prevents them from doing anything while the BK is pending. But afterwards, yes, you can try for a modification.

Comment

Our bank (WFB) asked our attorney for a letter giving them permission to continue with a loan mod dialogue with us, which the attorney provided.
      We are post 341 and pre discharge.
      WFB is working on a mod proposal, and as slow as this process is, don't know what to expect ...... been at it for 11 months

Comment

Thanks for the replies. This BK and foreclosure thing has me stressed to the max this week. This is one of the hardest things weve ever had to do and when we get back on our feet we are gonna try like heck not to ever get into this situation again. I never want to have to deal with this mess again in my life.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X