Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea!

I had my 341 last Friday. This is how it went:

1st up was a couple that had filed before. Trustee noted that there was property in their daughter's name (she is a minor). His exact words were "I am going to have this property re conveyed into your name and I'm going to sell it." I thought "Holy crap this guy is tough." Next up was an older woman who had also filed before. Trustee said "I'm going to take your tax return next year" Double holy crap, this guy is REALLY tough. Next up was a couple that had bankrupted a business and all their personal stuff. There were missing documents so they were continued until another day. We were next. We gave the trustee our ss cards and driver's license. He looked at them and said to my attorney "I have a problem with these". At this point I was looking for the nearest bathroom, as I was gonna need it. He then said to my attorney "it appears that you've transposed their ss #'s. You need to file a new report." I asked the tt if that meant I had to come back for another 341 and he said no. He glanced at our stuff and said "have a nice day and good luck to you". What??? My attorney asked him if he saw anything (I am keeping my business) and the TT said "NO". My goodness! Does this mean it's over? Can this be happening? All that stress and it's over in 5 minutes? I get to keep EVERYTHING I want to keep AND my business too? Man, we flew out of there and went to Taco Bell and bought the new Cantina Tacos to celebrate!!! Obviously my stomach felt a lot better and I no longer was looking for the nearest bathroom!

I checked Pacer all weekend and nothing. And then this morning, this is what is there "8 Filed & Entered: 09/13/2010
    Docket Text Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution."

I can't believe it. It's over. 60 day club!

To those of you just starting this journey, this is my two-bit piece of advise:

1) find out who the meanest TT is in your area and then hire that firm to handle your case. That way you are guaranteed to NOT get that TT.

2) Listen to your attorney and do everything he/she says to do when they tell you to do it. Plan your bankruptcy, don't sit back and be an observer. Take control of your life as best you can.

My only regret is that I waited so long to file. I can hardly believe that this long, tragic and depressing portion of my life is almost over.

The best part of being an American, other than being free, is that we LOVE 2nd chances!

Yours in BK,

anon
    Filed Chapter 7 on Friday the 13th!, 341 9/10/10 . TT's report of no distribution 9/13/10 DAMN STRAIGHT! Case Closed! 11/19/10 "Our long national nightmare is over".

Great experience anon. Thank you for taking the time to share. And congrats on the club membership!!
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Congrats!! lol - my husband loves those cantina tacos.
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Anon-

Thanks for sharing your experience - I guess we can never hear enough to be prepared for your 341!

Congrats on making the club - I am anxiously awaiting my own membership!

OTF
        Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post

To those of you just starting this journey, this is my two-bit piece of advise:

1) find out who the meanest TT is in your area and then hire that firm to handle your case. That way you are guaranteed to NOT get that TT.

2) Listen to your attorney and do everything he/she says to do when they tell you to do it. Plan your bankruptcy, don't sit back and be an observer. Take control of your life as best you can.
          Great advice!
          Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
          Attended 341 September 2010
          Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X