Alea Iacta Est

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alea Iacta Est

Well, I retained the attorney. Filing the Chapter 7 the first week of October. I just have to gather a few more docs to complete the process. My business was hard hit by the mortgage meltdown and various regulatory changes. So in January and February I had no income. By the time work picked up again, I was so far behind the eight ball, I could never catch up. I had about $30,000 in CC debt with several different companies. I called each of them and begged for a forebearance. I tried to make arrangements with them to pay token payments if they would suspend late charges and interest. A few small ones agreed. However the big ones refused and have begun to push the issue. Several have been assigned to atrorneys who have begun calling threatening legal action. Well, I guess I took the legal action myself. When I was negotiating with these clowns, they had the opportunity to work with me to get paid back. They wanted to be hardazzes. Wish me luck. I never thought I would be in this position and I am sick to my stomach about it. But I know I tried to do the right thing.

Good luck. We all tried to do the right thing, so you're not alone there. I tried for 3 years to do the right thing. I even went for two years without medical insurance for my wife and I. Not worth it. We come first. You're not alone.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Dont feel bad. We all tried doing the right thing, Like you when I was unemployed I call my creditors and they lie to you.
      I had one that said "Oh if you cant make a payment, we will tack it in back of the loan", Yeah...sure.
      Don't feel guilty, I also think it is wiser to ignore their phone calls and letters. It seems like the creditors you try to work with seems like the creditors who initiate the lawsuits first...So I say F' em.

Comment

You are in good company around here Tman. Given the cc companies response to longtime loyal customers who need a helping hand, maybe your quote from Julius should be 'Et tu, Brute?'

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

The die has been cast

You did well and worthy. Do no more, cut no more slack. I admire you for going onto the offensive and attack the barsterts. Go for it and let them spend time and money. I've been there, done that, and to no avail.

You are one of many and these jerks keep shooting themselves in the foot. I say give them more ammo.

Good work. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

We also have tried to do 'the right thing'. We cashed in this bond, that insurance policy, and finally 'Hub's 401k--all to no avail, trying to pay down the debts. All we accomplished was a little extension of time until the inevitable would have to happen.

And we accomplished the exinction of funds that would have ended up being exempted from the BK, and thus available to us later on.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Joe...
              Did the same thing . Dropped med insurance beginning of last yr, ($300 monthly for 5k deductible and 15k yrly out of pocket) so i could pay cc's.

Messed up my knee this spring stepping off ladder(thought i was at the bottom but wasn't) duh. So ended up using cc's to pay dr's and went thru ALL my savings + to keep up with payments. April of this yr I just gave up.
              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X