top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$630 in water bills I paid in the last 90 days? Filing October 4th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, it official, I am not going to complain about my water bill ever again.....

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I just can't believe it was so huge! I know as 1 person mine is low (my neighbors glare at me if I mention it) but I really can't imagine a bill that huge for just 3 months. Wow. Personally, I would look into whether there was a leak somewhere.

Comment

Well it is for a rental property and I hadn't been paying regularly. Late fees were tacked on and I was having to for go paying other bills to pay that pill. With our expenses, that water bill for that property just isn't in the budget. Even with the rental income. That is why I was worried about the payment. It is not OUR bill. Well it is our bill, just not for our house. If I don't pay that, the renters do not have water and can sue me basically. I hope the trustee understands. It worries me that I tried to explain this to my attorney and basically the only thing in our budget is our bills for our house. Hopefully he adds in when we finalize our paperwork.
        Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Don't lose sleep over it, tyson. It's OK. You are the owner of the rental property and it's your responsibility to pay the water bill. Stop fretting.
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Preferential payments only applies to unsecured debts. Utilities are not unsecured debts. No worries whatsover on this.
            Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
            I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Thanks! I love you guys! What a wealth of information. I went to bed thinking bout this and woke up thinking about it. I think I was thinking about it in my sleep too. I just cannot wait until the papers are filed. Then I just fret about my 341. I guess i have just felt for so long, that this was going to be impossible. I know there are so many people on here that have way more than we do. I don't know why I think they will want my stuff. I hate being so attached to this debt.
              Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X