top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$630 in water bills I paid in the last 90 days? Filing October 4th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$630 in water bills I paid in the last 90 days? Filing October 4th.

When our attorney sat down and talked with us, he delved deep on some things and not so deep on others. Our bills for our house were discussed, but when I went to discuss our rental property bills with him, he brushed me off.

I was looking at my most recent bank statements last night and saw that I paid, between July 31 and August 30th, $630 in water bills for my rental property. I can't not pay that bill.

Will I have to wait now to file until the July 31st falls off like Nov. 1??

I hate weekends when I can't call my attorney.
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

No, it's a reasonable bill, even though it's an income property and not your primary residence. You're fine. What say everyone else?
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I was paying them to not have them shut off, that is why the balances were so high, disconnect notices. They are usually not like that. Plus, I had a renter with 3 kids and a garden move out Aug. 1st so those were left over bills from that water hog. Makes me mad every time I think about it.
      Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Dang, tyson, she had to bathe those kids! LOL. Anyway, seriously, it's a reasonable bill. You didn't buy a diamond necklace. You're fine.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

The water bill is to the city. Can they go after the city for the money back and make it an asset case? Am I losing my mind here? LOL

Comment

Yes, you're losing your mind. LOL. That's not even a credit issue. Water bill is a necessary expense.

Comment

Drowning, I am an attorney's worst nightmare LOL

Comment

My attorney told me you can pay your household ultilities even if it's over $600. My electric bill is usually 300 a month so yes I have paid them over $600 in the past 90 days. You are fine
                "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

From what I have read in our district, he would go after the city for the money if he really wanted it. I would grab a bag of popcorn and watch that

Comment

Originally posted by tyson24 View Post
                    From what I have read in our district, he would go after the city for the money if he really wanted it. I would grab a bag of popcorn and watch that
                    Yea, a really gigantic bag of popcorn. Don't worry about it.

Comment

I paid more that 600 to my mortgage, my rental property mortgage and both of my car loans, I did a lot of research on preferential payments and it looks like housing, utilities, cars are all allowed to be paid. Just make sure they are listed on the proper form.
                      Filed 8/31/10
                      341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

Comment

Originally posted by SunkShip View Post
                        I paid more that 600 to my mortgage, my rental property mortgage and both of my car loans, I did a lot of research on preferential payments and it looks like housing, utilities, cars are all allowed to be paid. Just make sure they are listed on the proper form.
                        Didn't notice the picture of the sinking ship before. LOL!

Comment

A water company isn't a creditor, it's an ongoing service that you're paying for. It doesn't count towards a preferential payment.
                          Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                          0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

tyson

I agree with many here have said, it's a necessity and IF the trustee decides it's a preferential payment, which I don't think so, he can go after the city, not you.

I also hate it when I can't get a hold of my lawyer but she and her staff are probably tired if me already
                            Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

I can totally relate. I have a feeling that every time I call he wants to gouge his own eyes out. Maybe not that bad, but you get my gist. I guess it isn't my fault that he has all of his office calls forwarded to his cell phone so he doesn't miss them. The price he pays for being attentive I could call him right now but he might drop my case and give me my money back LOL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X