top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed 9/30/10 !! 341 not until 11/24/10....long wait.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed 9/30/10 !! 341 not until 11/24/10....long wait.

Well we finally got it filed last day of the month. Had to push my attorney who was concerned about an IRA withdraw I made last May to settle my second. I told him I was comfortable not putting it on the Means test as income. Surprised about the long delay until the 341 meeting - day before Thanksgiving. Hopefully we will have something to be "thankful" for.

Wow, I filed on 9/30/10 and my 341 is 11/12/10. I didn't like my lengthy wait, but yours is even longer. I'm also in California. I guess that's how it's done here in California. Too many filers I guess. I'm glad to be in good company.
    Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Did either of your attorneys go over with you what to expect at the 341? We do that with all clients at our firm... I paint them a verbal picture of the hearing room and everything... makes them feel a lot more at ease when they get there.
      Any "suggestions" I offer are not to be deemed as legal advice, as I am not an attorney. "Suggestions" are offered solely based on my life experiences, education, and what I have observed in the work that I do.

Comment

Laurie,

I filed pro se. I have read the 341 thread here on this forum and have a pretty good idea about them. I am also thinking of going back to the court before my hearing and hopefully catch my trustee in action.
        Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

My attorneys have not really gone over the 341 but I am not really worried about it other than issues of my case - self employed, over median, IRA withdraw etc. It will just be good to get through any issues.

Comment

I can’t believe your 341 is 2 months out from filing! Our 341 was 6 weeks from filing and I thought that was ridiculous.

Comment

I filed a week ago and my 341-date still doesn't show up on PACER. Strange...
              Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
              FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
              FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by angles View Post
                I can’t believe your 341 is 2 months out from filing! Our 341 was 6 weeks from filing and I thought that was ridiculous.
                Yeh, I was hoping to have this all done in 2010. Funny thing is I was first looking at filing in August but was concerned about having the 341 in end of September because I would be out of town. I had called the court and at they told me the 341 is usually 25 -30 days from filing. How things change in a month.

Comment

Seems to really vary district to district. I'm in California too and my 341 was less than a month from my filing date. If you're in the Southern district (though I'm guessing you're not) than things have really gone from bad to worse in a hurry down here!

I did feel very lucky it was so quick... and luckier at how quickly the 341 itself went.
                  12/2009 Stopped paying CCs; 3/10 1st suit;
                  8/2010 finally served; No Asset 7 filed. 11 mos since last bal xfer
                  9/22/10 60 day club; 9/24/10 report of no distr; 11/23/10 DISCHARGED

Comment

Congrats on filing. Northern district here filed 8/27, 341 10/6...was hoping for 30 days or less, but not too bad I guess.
                    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
                      Well we finally got it filed last day of the month. Had to push my attorney who was concerned about an IRA withdraw I made last May to settle my second. I told him I was comfortable not putting it on the Means test as income. Surprised about the long delay until the 341 meeting - day before Thanksgiving. Hopefully we will have something to be "thankful" for.
                      i think it various on the court calendar and how many cases there are....and there ARE more and more everyday...even though the media keeps it from us...just look at every single states stats.

we, in fact were told that once we filed it would be NO longer than 3-4 weeks before our 341.....our atty was in shock when it was scheduled for almost 8 weeks after the filing date.

we just have to get in line and wait our turns...
                      so...personally, i just think the courts are full of US!! LOL!!
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

This is my concern, we are filing Nov.4th and I really want a December 341, so I can kiss this year good bye but I'm thinking I might not get a 341 till january...ugh

just got to hope for the best
                        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

I just got my 341 notice, it's 7 weeks from my filing date - but not in California.

Comment

Originally posted by BKDebby View Post
                            I just got my 341 notice, it's 7 weeks from my filing date - but not in California.
                            Ouch, talk about prolonging the wait.
                            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                            AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

341 was on 9/17 and I filed on 7/30/10. However at the 341, he told me I had to come back since he hadn't seen the amended plan. That meeting is in January 2011. That's tells me we're really backed up in So Cal. I didn't like to hear that...it looks like it may be a year before confirmation of my plan at the rate things are going.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X