341 was today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 was today!

We arrived 45 minutes before our scheduled time. The doors were still locked to the courtroom. The trustee and his clerk arrived about one half hour later. We went in and took a seat in the gallery. He looked up at us and stated that we were a little early and that he could not begin, "until the creditors have arrived". (Thank Goodness for this forum or that alone may have gotten my mind going!) Instead, I took it as a little bit of atty/trustee humor. When he began, he addressed the gallery about being under oath and what an "asset" consists of and what his job is. (Again, no surprises thanks to the forum.)
    We listened to a few cases before we were called. The first couple of cases were pro se and seemed to go smoothly.
    Sworn in,
    State your full names.
    Did you fill out the forms yourselves?
    Do you expect any significant differences in income taxes for 2010 compared to 2009?
    Have you bought or sold any property in the last 3 years?
    There was a man who had purchased a car just prior to the 341 in which there was a very brief discussion.
    He asked a few people about their homes whether or not they were retaining or current.
    Note: Most folks were wearing jeans and t- shirts. We dressed in "office casual". Court attire is just simply respectful regardless of why I am there IMHO.
    When it came to our turn, the trustee swore us in, verified our id's and SS cards, asked our names, had we read and agreed to our petitions, were they correct and complete as per assets and creditors to the best of our knowledge, asked for bank statements and pay stubs, ( per our atty, we knew prior to court that the trustee wanted to see these so I had them ready) . He asked if either of us owed any child support or alimony. He asked, "Are there any creditors here? NO. Ok I see no assets, you are free to go. We said , "Thank You" and that was that. He didn't mention our taxes, our home, our cars, our employment none of that.
    And.... as far as we could tell, and from what we witnessed, there were NO creditors present. Our TT seemed to have a good sense of humor and seemed friendly and approachable. ( I had to remind myself, cantbreathe, that TT is NOT your friend!) LOL
    Nothing has changed yet on pacer but I assume we are now in the 60 day club. You're next ccsjoe!

Rock on cantbreathe!! Nice job!

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Way to go! I hope my 341 goes as smooth as yours.
      Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Congrats cantbreathe! See you there soon I hope
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Can ya breathe a little now?! Congrats! I can't wait to hear from Joe tomorrow!
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Thank you for this! So valuable - I double checked w/atty's office whether we needed to bring anything other than our IDs and SS cards and they said no. Based on your experience I am considering bringing our latest pay stubs at least just in case. Oh yes, and review our petition one more time tonight.

We were advised about the 2010 Taxes question though (if we are expecting any refunds), and just to be prepared to answer it if it comes up.

Crossing our fingers. Congratulations on your smooth one

Comment

Definitely reviewing petition & trustee questionnaire tonight, also reviewing what I've identified as "question points" from our filing vs. our account balances, etc. Also bringing latest pay stub to show, if asked, that we made necessary tax witholding adjustments to mirror the forward looking claims on means test & J
              Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
              AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X